Position Title: Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)/Value Chain Specialist
Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
Start Date: June 2011 for project to be implemented through June 2014
MEDA seeks to hire a Deputy Chief of Party /Value Chain Specialist for a $30 million/ five-year USAID -Pakistan Entrepreneurs project that will be implemented through June 2014. The project works across Pakistan in subsectors that have the greatest potential to reach and benefit marginalized women, at scale. It aims to increase the incomes of 75,000 micro-entrepreneurs who are predominantly women. This position is based in Islamabad, Pakistan and reports to the Chief of Party. The start date is June 2011.
The DCOP/Value Chain Specialist (VCS) will assist the COP in the management of the USAID Pakistan Entrepreneurs project ensuring achievement of project deliverables. As Value Chain Specialist, s/he will oversee the implementation of at least 4 value chain projects and ensure integration of the marketing and financing components in support of the value chain initiatives. He/she is responsible for the contractual oversight and operational management of the partner organizations’ activities as they relate to the project.
- Minimum 10 years’ progressive International Development management experience,
- At least three (3) years in senior management role, in a mix of economic growth/value chain /enterprise development programs.
- Experience in managing and implementing donor funded projects
- Demonstrated success in implementing value chains programs including design, implementation and monitoring: Experience with the dynamics of gender in Value Chain development, will be a plus.
- Experience in conflict environment is required and experience in Pakistan is a preference,
- Proven creativity, willingness to innovate, think systemically and design catalytic approaches to intervening leading to sustainable value chains
- Experience in training and capacity building of business development service providers (BDSPs) and/or local NGOs,
- Ability to partner with a variety of individuals and organizations, including senior management of large private-sector players, US government officials, Federal/local government officials, international agencies, donor organizations, producers/farmers and other players in the value chain.
- Strong staff management skills, with experience mentoring local national staff ,
- Fluency in English is required; proficiency in Urdu is an advantage ,
- Advanced degree in business administration, management, economic development, international development or related field,
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s faith, values, mission and purpose.
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “DCOP/Value Chain- Pakistan” in the subject line
Closing Date for applications: May 24, 2011