This important reminder about financial aid was sent by Candice Washington, who directs our AA program at THEARC. Please make sure to read it. Thanks.
The 2010-2011 FAFSA will determine your aid for the Fall 2011, Spring 2011, and Summer 2011 semesters. If you have completed the 2010-2011 FAFSA, you have a decision about Summer aid.
To find out if you have aid for the summer, or how much aid that you have, you need to check SELF-SERVICE.
- Log on to Self-Service
- Click the tab that says “FINANCES”
- Click the red words “FINANCIAL AID”
- Change the year to 2010 (the information is always listed under the year the FAFSA starts. Since this was the 2010-2011 FAFSA, the information is listed under 2010)
- Go to the bottom of the page to see “AWARD BY TERM”
- The amount listed in the row – TOTAL / column – Scheduled Term Amount is the amount of aid you will receive for the summer
Financial Aid for Fall 2011, Spring 2012, and Summer 2012 is based on the 2011-2012 FAFSA. If you have not completed the 2011-2012 FAFSA, please do so as soon as possible. If you plan to attend in the Fall, it is good to take care of this now.
THE PRIORITY DEADLINE IS APRIL 1 FOR RETURNING STUDENTS!!!!!
(Yes, it has passed, but you may still receive financial aid. Please take care of this ASAP.)
To check the status of your 2011-2012 FAFSA, follow the directions above, but enter the year 2011. You will be able to check the status of your financial aid documents.
As always, I remind students to borrow responsibly. Failure to borrow responsibly can cause you to run out of funding at the end of your Bachelor’s or Master’s program.
If you have financial aid questions, please contact the Office of Enrollment Services – email@example.com or 202-884-9302 (email is better, you will have a “receipt.”)