Position Title: Practice Leader – Financial Services
Location: Washington, DC (with 30% travel)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of a competitive financial services practice area, which leverages the organization’s overall economic growth experience;
- Lead IESC’s new business efforts in financial services, including identification of opportunities, technical proposal writing, identification of personnel, and identification and negotiation with partner organizations;
- Provide intellectual leadership, technical input and management support for IESC’s financial services projects;
- Represent IESC in knowledge sharing of financial services innovations and best practices in forums and through special studies that document lessons-learned.
- At least 10 years’ progressive experience with USAID and/or other multilateral donor financial services projects and programs.
- Demonstrated experience contributing to winning proposals is required.
- Understanding of USAID and/or other donor procurement processes and regulations is required.
- Strong riting, quantitative, analytical and research skills.
- Technical experience in two or more areas including:
- SME and agribusiness access to credit
- Microfinance institution capacity building
- Value Chain finance
- Supply Chain finance
- Substantive knowledge of social capital and/or international equity funds and how to apply them in a development context is desirable.
- Strong organizational, communications, marketing and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, prioritize work, and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Fluency in English and one other foreign language desirable.
- Cultural understanding and overseas experience in developing countries is highly desirable.
- Willingness to travel approximately 30% of the time.
- U.S. work authorization required.
- Advanced degree preferred, in a discipline related to financial services.
Level of responsibility and salary is commensurate with background and experience. IESC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. IESC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
How to Apply: Interested candidates should email a cover letter stating qualifications, salary requirements, availability, and a detailed resume to email@example.com with “Practice Leader – Financial Services” in the Subject line. Cover letter should include list of winning proposals where applicant had significant leadership role, including the date, country, funder, and program.
Deadline for Applications: Sunday, March 20, 2011
Thank you for reviewing this position and hope that if this does not match your area of expertise, you will forward to others who may be a good match and interested.