Vice President, Knowledge Sharing
Supervisor’s Title: Executive Vice President, Knowledge Sharing
Position Summary and Essential Functions
The primary responsibility of the VP, Knowledge Sharing is to manage Membership, oversee elements of the annual OFN Conference, and work with the EVP to develop and manage other Knowledge Sharing programs.
The essential functions of the position are:
Membership: Promote Membership, evaluate Membership applications, and make recommendations for modifying Membership processes and policies.
OFN Conference: Manage designated elements of the OFN Conference, for example, communications with session presenters, the trade show, the Justice Grant, and session tracks.
Other Peer Learning: Organize designated peer learning initiatives such as the Staying Connected call series, regional meetings, and elements of other capacity building programs.
About Opportunity Finance Network
Opportunity Finance Network is a national financial institution serving a national network of CDFIs. CDFIs are mission-driven non-governmental financial services providers that serve low-income and low-wealth communities throughout the United States. Opportunity Finance Network’s mission is to lead the community development finance system to scale through capital aggregation, policy, and capacity building. Opportunity Finance Network provides a range of services to the CDFI industry including financing, training, research and publications, and consulting services. For more information, visit www.opportunityfinance.net<http://www.opportunityfinance.net/>.
* Periodically make recommendations for modifying Membership processes and policies.
* Manage the Membership application process.
* Implement a Membership marketing strategy and respond to Membership application inquiries.
* Analyze Membership composition and usage of OFN services on an ongoing basis, and make recommendations to modify services to increase usage.
Manage elements of the annual OFN Conference. This may include but is not limited to:
* Oversee one or more session tracks, including assisting in session selection.
* Develop and manage tours.
* Manage communications with session presenters to ensure their needs are met and that they meet their Conference responsibilities.
* Organize and manage the trade show, including outreach to vendors and the trade show raffle.
* Oversee the nomination and selection of the Justice Grantee.
Other Peer Learning
Take responsibility for elements of other Knowledge Sharing programs. This may include but is not limited to:
* Organizing and scheduling the Staying Connected calls.
* Planning and scheduling regional meetings.
* Working with the EVP to design new programs.
* Developing and conducting topical surveys, such as the CDFI software survey.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor’s degree or 9 years work experience; graduate degree a plus.
* 5+ years professional experience in financial services or community development finance required with 3+ years in a supervisory or managerial capacity required
* Strong writing, financial, analytical and project management experience required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Physical Requirements
* Demonstrated leadership ability required
* Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work constructively with diverse constituents is required.
* Ability to analyze non-profit financial institutions’ financial statements required.
* Superior written and verbal communication skills required.
* Superior analytical and organizational skills required
* Understanding of and commitment to opportunity finance is a plus.
* Ability to work independently or in team environment is required.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks under minimal supervision in effective and efficient manner required.
* Ability to set priorities required.
* Proficient with MS Office Products
* Light to moderate travel required (5%-15% of time)
* Job involves normal physical requirements for an office position.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
EOE/ADA/Women and Minorities encouraged to apply.
To Apply: Send letter of interest, salary requirement and resume to:
Search: Knowledge Sharing
Opportunity Finance Network
620 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106