Title: Innovation Analyst
Location: Boston, MA
Status: Permanent, Full
Time, Open Immediately
Doorways to Dreams Fund (D2D) is a nonprofit organization that works to improve the economic well-being of millions of financially vulnerable American consumers through financial innovation. D2D generates practical ideas for financial products, services and policies, pilot tests its ideas, and pursues scale strategies to reach millions of households. D2D’s prime focus is tools and strategies to help consumers save and build wealth.
Examples of recent D2D accomplishments include:
Creation of financial entertainment (www.financialentertainment.org), a cutting-edge financial education innovation that marries the fun of video games with key financial lessons. D2D currently has a library of games including Celebrity Calamity, Groove Nation, Farm Blitz, Bite Club, and Refund Rush all available through its own portal.Successful pilot test of Save to Win prize-linked saving product, which attracted 12,000 customers and $7MM in deposits in its first year, has grown throughout the state of MI in its second year, and is the topic of pending legislation in multiple U.S. states setting the stage for nationwide expansion;A multi-year field test to link tax refunds to saving, which led to two new national saving policies—(1) the ability to “split” federal tax refunds and, (2) the ability to order US Savings Bonds with a portion of a federal tax refund.
D2D’s work has been covered by the Wall Street Journal, The Baltimore Sun, The Associated Press (AP), and the Harvard Business Review.
The Innovation Analyst will support all of D2D’s projects, but play a critical role in the next phase of D2D’s financial entertainment work. The Innovation Analyst will be an integral part of the D2D team; in particular, the Innovation Analyst will:
Financial Entertainment 2.0 – support D2D’s efforts to define and implement the next generation of the financial entertainment innovation.
Join the team that is (1) developing and deploying the strategies to reach millions of financially vulnerable Americans; (2) testing and implementing new strategies to engage consumers with financial entertainment; and (3) identifying and cultivating strategic partnerships to reach the target audience. The Analyst will also be integrally involved in the development and launch of the first-ever iPlatform financial literacy game as well as a Spanish-language platform for financial entertainment.
Coordinate Financial Education Research – coordinate D2D’s partnership with leading academics to design meaningful research to test the effectiveness of the financial entertainment concept. Lead efforts to deploy data collection methodologies with a variety of partners in order quantify the games’ impact on financial education outcomes and behaviors.
Participate in Savings Innovations – support D2D’s ongoing efforts to promote increased saving by underserved households, especially D2D’s prize-linked savings efforts. In addition, join teams working on new ideas: (1) conduct primary supporting research, (2) design pilot ideas, and (3) develop preliminary tests to determine idea feasibility.
Some domestic travel is required.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, detail-oriented, able to work in an entrepreneurial environment and take ownership of projects, tasks, and/or ideas. The candidate must be dedicated to the larger cause of D2D’s mission. The candidate must be willing to take on problems as they arise, recognizing the needs of a small organization.
D2D has a nimble, entrepreneurial culture that accomplishes its mission by cultivating and leveraging partnerships. D2D strives to create a culture of innovation with measurable results.
1. Undergraduate degree required, post-graduate degree a plus
2. Minimum of 1-3 years work experience, preferably in a related field;
3. Excellent, persuasive and proven written and oral communication skills;
4. Demonstrated research analysis skills, including ability to understand data collection methods and how to synthesize data;
5. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse constituencies and strong relationship and people skills;
6. Collaborative, team-oriented working style and ability to work independently, as needed;
7. Natural curiosity about, interest in and comfort level with video games and social media a plus.
8. Demonstrated commitment to D2D’s mission driven work and social objectives;
9. Strong project management, planning, and organizational skills; experience and comfort managing vendors and partners.
10. Experience presenting ideas in a persuasive way to a variety of audiences.
11. Flexible in assignments, willing to address project needs as they arise
12. Comfortable with technology and financial innovation. Conversant with financial services sector. Strong interest in financial education a plus.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. D2D offers a full benefits package, including comprehensive, employer-paid health insurance, 13 paid holidays, and a generous vacation policy. D2D is an equal opportunity organization.
This position is open immediately.
Please send cover letter and resume as well as any inquires to: email@example.com