UDC DAVID A. CLARKE SCHOOL OF LAW PUBLIC OUTREACH COORDINATOR
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB:
The Public Outreach Coordinator assists in the coordination of the School of Law’s efforts to raise its visibility to various constituent groups through various media including e-mail, Internet, social media, video, direct tabling, earned media, etc. The Public Outreach Coordinator works closely with the Dean for Admission, the Director of Alumni Relations, and the Dean of the School of Law, each of whom will identify priorities and provide supervision in a coordinated fashion. The Public Outreach Coordinator reports to the Dean of the School of Law.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Update School of Law website with stories, photographs
2. Take, edit and post video of School of Law events to its Website
3. Build the School of Law’s email, press, activist organization and other lists
4. Publicize of School of Law events and programs through various media
5. Support, manage, and further develop School of Law online communities
6. Assist in the design and production of School of Law promotional materials
7. Identify tabling opportunities, develop tabling materials, organize teams to table, participate in tabling efforts
1. provide special event support
2. assist with mailings as needed
3. other duties as assigned and directed by the Dean
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. Bachelors degree
2. 3 or more years experience in communications and/or public relations
3. 3 years or more of professional experience with Web video taking, editing, posting
4. 3 years or more of professional experience with Web publicity
5. professional experience with online community management
1. Excellent video editing skills
2. Excellent writing skills
3. Excellent advocacy/sales skills
4. Excellent personal organizing skills
5. Excellent attention to detail
6. HTML proficiency
STANDARDS & EXPECTATIONS:
1. Expectations of the job:
The Public Outreach Coordinator must:
– fully embrace and enthusiastically support the mission of the School of Law.
– maintain a positive and professional attitude when working with colleagues and when interacting with members of the press and the public.
– be highly personally organized and pay excellent attention to detail including with regard to schedule, task lists, etc.
– be comfortable working in a diverse work place and community
– be a “self-starter”
– be able to balance the need to ask for assistance and clarification with the ability to work independently.
– be available for occasional travel for graduate school fairs and other opportunities to promote the School of Law and its programs
– be available for evening programs at least one night each week
2. Development and Counseling:
Employee is expected to participate in activities that will help in the development of his/her career, and help in the performance of the job. Employee may seek counseling from the immediate supervisor.
Training is available to help improve the skill and knowledge level, and for updates on the latest techniques, methods and theories that are being used in the industry.
4. Knowledge of UDC Rules and Regulations:
The salary range will be $51-56K plus benefits. The position is long-term grant funded.
We’re looking for a highly motivated, tech savvy, highly organized, self starter, with excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills – in short, a “star” who would be excited to help us build this law school into the best public interest law school in America!
While we await the formal posting of this position, potential applicants are urged to send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
If an applicant does not meet the stated experience requirements but is confident that they possess the skills for this position, we WOULD like to hear from them. We are particularly interested in someone who has web video taking, editing and posting expertise.
The university provides all training required by OSHA to ensure employee safety.
The University of the District of Columbia is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Note: The University reserves the right to change or reassign job duties as provided in policy and negotiated agreements.
REVISED DATE: 01/30/2009 (Indicate the date that the job description was created or updated.)