Ralph Bunche Summer Institute Application Information
APSA is currently accepting applications for the 2011 Ralph Bunche Summer Institute at Duke University. The application deadline is February 1, 2011. All application materials are available below.
Who is Eligible for the APSA Ralph Bunche Program?
The program targets students from racial/ethnic groups that are significantly underrepresented in science in the United States, e.g. African American, Latino/a, Native American, and Pacific Island students. All students who are members of these groups, or who are interested in broadening participation in political science by students from underrepresented minority populations and pursuing scholarship on issues affecting under-represented groups, are eligible to apply. Applicants must be:
- United States citizens.
- Completing their junior year of undergraduate study.
- Majoring in political science or a related discipline.
- Have an interest in attending graduate school in political science.
Participants in the Ralph Bunche Summer Institute are drawn from a competitive national applicant pool. The RBSI Selection Committee reviews applications and will make decisions during the month of February. Applicants will be informed of their status via email. Applicants should submit the following required information:
- 2011 RBSI Application Form (pdf) | (MS Word) *
- Three letters of recommendation: one from department chair, and two more from other people who are familiar with the applicant’s academic qualifications.
- A personal statement, not to exceed two double-spaced typed pages, stating the reasons for wanting to participate in the 2011 Ralph Bunche Summer Institute.
- Resume Official academic transcripts (including Fall semester)
Completed application materials (postmarked by February 1, 2011) should be mailed to:
APSA Ralph Bunche Summer Institute
c/o Shaunda Ragland
American Political Science Association
1527 New Hampshire Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20036-1206
For additional information about the Ralph Bunche Program, click here. If you have more questions about the program or the application process, contact Shaunda Ragland at 202.483.2512 or email@example.com.