Credit Union Financial Advisor
at Lower East Side People’s Federal Credit Union (LESPFCU), New York, NY
Credit Where Credit Is Due (CWCID) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit which pursues a mission of financial empowerment via financial education and counseling programs now located within over fifty community-based organizations throughout New York City. CWCID’s programs are unique in that all financial education and counseling services are delivered in coordination with Neighborhood Trust Federal Credit Union, the community development credit union (CDCU) we sponsor, and with a network of peer CDCUs in New York City.
The Credit Union Education Program (CUEP) includes all efforts to integrate financial education and counseling services into credit union operations at partnering CDCUs. The Program creates a credit union culture that is mission-driven and realizes the credit union’s potential as a cooperative; creates a more informed and active membership who uses credit union services efficiently and responsibly to achieve long-term financial goals; and maximizes participation in the “Getting Ahead” Program (our signature financial education workshop series) to achieve financial health over the long-term as a credit union member.
CWCID seeks a Credit Union Financial Advisor who will be the point person for delivering the CUEP based at LESPFCU. The Financial Advisor will engage and counsel members and staff; ensure that credit union members receive helpful supports to use credit union products productively; encourage participation in the Getting Ahead Program; and provide ongoing support to Program graduates to achieve financial health. Our services are offered days and evenings so the Financial Advisor will have a schedule that includes up to two evening classes per week.
- Provide one-on-one financial counseling in a drop-in and/or appointment format.
- Deliver Getting Ahead program and provide support to Getting Ahead graduates who are credit union members.
- Work with Lending and Member Services Departments to receive referrals.
- Facilitate staff trainings to help credit union staff support financial empowerment mission.
- Gather pre- and post-program data for program tracking and evaluation and return paperwork to CWCID in a timely fashion.
- Be an expert on LESPFCU products and services and represent the credit union in the community on an as-needed basis.
- Be a part of LESPFCU’s team, as well as CWCID’s broader Financial Advisor team, and participate in ongoing staff development opportunities.
- Fluency in Spanish and English.
- Excellent teaching and facilitation skills.
- Business, finance, or financial education experience.
- Status as Certified Financial Planner or commitment to this or an equivalent certification process (CWCID invests in this training and certification process for its entire financial education staff).
- Commitment to community economic development.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
To apply: Please email cover letter/resume to Kathery Zapata at email@example.com.