Company – Santa Cruz Community Credit Union Location – Santa Cruz, CA Job Title – Chief Financial Officer
Santa Cruz Community Credit Union, with assets of $86 million, is seeking a highly motivated financial executive to serve as Chief Financial Officer.
The CFO reports directly to the CEO of the Credit Union and is responsible for taking a leading role in developing and implementing a strategy for maintaining the financial strength of the Credit Union. Preferred candidates have an understanding of credit union operations as a whole, including finance, information technology, and other back office operations.
Management of all accounting and finance related activities: asset liability and liquidity management, investment strategies, budget development, financial reporting and analysis, forecasting and performance measurement. The CFO will serve as the credit union’s liaison with regulatory agency examiners and auditors.
Successful Candidates will:
- Be comfortable working with a team as well as independently, and be able to effectively communicate with all levels of management and staff.
- Have strong financial and analytical skills with a solid understanding of accounting theory and demonstrated knowledge of non-profit accounting.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication and multi-tasking skills.
- Have experience with ALM, general accounting or budgeting systems.
- Have well developed skills in computer spread sheet analysis,MS Excel or other report writing software based on a database.
- Possess a Master’s degree in business, accounting or finance, CPA or related education.
- Have 5 – 7 years of senior financial management experience within a financial organization of similar size and/or complexity.
- Be familiar with Credit Union laws, bylaws and other government regulations.
The Santa Cruz Community Credit Union is a nationally recognized financial institution, specializing in community development. In our vision, all people have full access to economic opportunity and have the resources to make effective financial decisions for themselves, their families, and their communities.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please submit your resume, along with a cover letter and salary requirements to HR@scruzccu.org.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.