Community Capital Resources (CCR) is a not for profit Community Development Financial Institution providing loans for small business start up and growth and for affordable housing development. The Loan Associate will work in the rapidly growing Small Business Lending and technical support program which covers four counties in the lower Hudson Valley. The Loan Associate will also have an opportunity to work with CCR’s affordable housing lending program. CCR’s housing loans provide “gap” financing to projects developed as affordable and work force housing in seven counties in the lower Hudson Valley. CCR is an SBA Micro Lender and also lends Empire State Development Corporation, US Treasury Department, County and bank sourced funds.
- Provide loan program information to potential loan clients who call, write or visit CCR. Information provision will cover loan products, loan eligibility requirements, application materials and loan decision making processes.
- Receive all loan applications, check for completeness and follow up with applicants as necessary.
- Perform creditworthiness and financial capacity assessment for all small business loan applications. Refer qualifying applicants for site visits. Prepare credit memos in liaison with Business Coach and Small Business Program Manager.
- Assist in the development, adoption and on-going use of new computerized small business loan underwriting system.
- Provide information about the activities undertaken and the outcomes of our work to relevant funders.
- Represent the program and agency as directed.
This is a full time position (35 hours/week). It is a direct report to the Small Business Program Manager for all small business lending activities and to the Executive Director for housing lending activities. CCR values integration of its program areas and has a small staff so collaboration with co-workers is required for much of our work.
The successful candidate will be fluent in English and Spanish. She or he will be an enthusiastic self starter who has a genuine interest in community development.
CCR is a client focused organization. The loan associate must have exceptional interpersonal skills, be able to build strong relationships with clients seeking our assistance and provide information and guidance in a warm, supportive manner. A high degree of organization, strong quantitative, writing and a willingness to travel throughout the lower Hudson Valley and flexibility as to hours are essential. Own transportation is a must.
Previous work experience in microfinance or small business growth and economic development as an underwriter or experience as a business owner is valued
A bachelor of arts/science degree in economics, accounting, business, community development or related field is required with two years relevant work experience. A master’s level degree in business, economics, community development, public policy or international development is a plus and may substitute for relevant work experience.
Salary: $45,000 plus benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
It is the policy of CCR to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other factor protected by federal, state, and/or local laws.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to: email@example.com
January 10, 2011
Aligning Capital with Social, Political and Economic Justice
CDB list instructions http://www.runonthebank.net/cdblist.htm