Multifamily Housing Developer
Housing Initiative Partnership, Inc. (HIP), Prince George’s County, MD
Position Description: HIP seeks a qualified candidate to fill a full-time (37.5 hours per week), Multifamily Developer Position. This position will focus on property acquisition, both of existing multifamily buildings and developable land primarily in Prince George’s County, MD. The Multifamily Housing Developer is responsible for creating a pipeline of multifamily housing development projects that create and preserve quality rental housing affordable to low-and moderate-income households. The Multifamily Housing Developer will identify and analyze potential projects for financial feasibility; negotiate site control; and coordinate the project through all phases of financing, development, and marketing.
The Multifamily Housing Developer will both work independently and in coordination with other HIP staff depending on the nature of the project.
Who we are: Housing Initiative Partnership, Inc. (HIP) is a leading innovative nonprofit housing developer based in Prince George’s County, Maryland dedicated to revitalizing neighborhoods. HIP creates housing and economic opportunities for persons of low and moderate income and provides services that improve the quality of life in the communities we serve.
- Residential real estate development experience
- Knowledge of various affordable housing financing such as LIHTC, Bonds, New Market Tax Credits, HOME, CDBG, etc.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong financial analysis skills to evaluate project feasibility. Ability to develop project proformas.
- A proven record of identifying and gaining site control of buildings/and or land
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills. Ability to write grants, funding applications and required status reports.
- The ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Represent HIP, HIP’s mission, and the projects’ best interest to the public at all times
Compensation: Salary will be based on experience.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Ms. Mosi Harrington, Executive Director
Housing Initiative Partnership
6525 Belcrest Rd., Suite 555
Hyattsville, MD 20782
HIP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about the Housing Initiative Partnership, please visit our website at www.hiphomes.org.