The employer is Columbia Lighthouse for the Blind.
Title: Manager, Training & Employment Services
Department: Career Services
Supervisor: Executive Vice President
Purpose of Position: Becoming the Manager of the Employment and Training Program CLB is an excellent opportunity to provide training and employment services to people who are visually impaired or blind. The position is designed to develop and lead significant employment and training efforts in a creative, progressive, disability-focused organization devoted to consumers and veterans who are visually impaired or blind. This includes:
1. Vocational Assessments and Evaluations
2. Career and Life Skills Training (job coaching, job search, interview skills, etc.)
3. Occupational Skills Training
4. Job Placement and Retention
CLB Sites: Montgomery County, Prince Georges County and Washington, Dc. Likely based in Silver Spring or Riverdale, MD.
Classification: Exempt Management position.
Hours: Full Time. Monday through Friday, it may include Saturdays, some weekends, and evening.
Direct Supervisor: Executive Vice President
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience.
1. Create and implement plan which increases the number of temporary and permanent job placements, increases the average wage of placements, and produces demonstrated skill and knowledge gains of training participants.
2. Guide and supervise the work of one – two career specialists
3. Promote and develop job openings and places qualified applicant in employment.
4. Assist in recruiting consumers for placement.
5. Provide ongoing support, resources and information to employers and consumers once employment is obtained.
6. Provide job coaching, job development and career assessments for job candidates.
7. Responsible for meeting direct placement quotas.
8. Maintain recruitment database, including employer and job candidate information.
9. Perform career assessments and provide instruction on employment related skills.
10. Provide on the job training for consumers who are blind or visually impaired including accessing adaptive aids.
11. Collaborate and partner with state agencies and one stop centers in DC, Maryland and Virginia.
12. Other duties, as assigned.
1. Four year college degree or certificate required.
2. Prior experience working with individuals who are blind or visually impaired preferred.
3. Experience with recruiting and marketing to employers preferred.
4. Experience in providing training to groups and individual’s is a plus.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
1. Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
2. Excellent oral and written communications skills.
3. Ability to work independently and in a fast paced environment.
4. Independent travel skills within the metro DC area.
5. Computer literacy required, i.e. MS Office Suite
6. Knowledge of disability issues, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Rehabilitation Act as they relate to employment is preferred.
7. Goal oriented with a proven track record of success in meeting deadlines and requirements.
8. Familiarity with adaptive technology for the visually impaired is a plus.