CAREER TRANSITION TRAINER
POSITION SUMMARY:Delivers employability skills training to prepare clients for successful job search, employment, or further education and training opportunities. Helps clients learn how to obtain employment and access resources and services that will assist them in a smooth transition to the workforce.
Note: This position is full-time temporary with benefits. This is a grant funded position and can end anytime before January 31, 2012
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivers employability skills training program including a culturally relevant curriculum, outline, lesson plans, job placement strategies, and calendar. Primarily focus on soft skills (e.g., communication, problem solving, critical thinking, team work, work habits, time management, etc.).
- Coordinate technical hands on skills training with other internal and/or external training partners.
- Provides individual job placement services to students through the creation of job search strategies, preparation for career fairs, interviews, networking with employers, etc.
- Takes the initiative to remain current on diverse teaching techniques to engage the learner and cater to various learning styles.
- Incorporates the Universal Design for Learning principles, technology, and assistive technology devices in the delivery of approved curricula.
- Maintains a high degree of discipline, and student/instructor rapport within classroom setting. Incorporates the Art and Craft of Teaching in order to ensure maximum learning by diverse student population.
- Reviews, evaluates, monitors, reports and documents student attendance, class and homework portfolio, and progress in established database system.
Models appropriate employability skills for dress, language, professionalism, and work habits.
- Meets with students weekly to provide feedback regarding class work, exams, and status of job search strategies.
- Works as a member of the Training and Employment team to ensure established division enrollment, graduation, placement and retention goals are achieved.
- Meets weekly with the Senior Career Transition Trainer and presents a written progress report that summarizes students’ career development status.
*This position requires occasional travel to various off-site locations to assist in securing internships, placements, visit partners, vendors, One-Stop Career centers, etc.
*This is not an all inclusive list of duties for position.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE www.dcgoodwill.org for more details (including position requirements) on the position and information on how to apply.