Position Available: Data Analyst and MIS Manager
Location: Rising Tide Capital, Jersey City, NJ
Start Date: November 2010
Email Contact: Jobs@RisingTideCapital.org
Rising Tide Capital (www.RisingTideCapital.org) is seeking a talented individual with a background in data analysis and management to lead the organization’s outcome measurement and reporting systems. A successful candidate will join Rising Tide Capital’s team of professionals dedicated to making the world a better place through micro-enterprise and community development by participating in the growth of an innovative, dynamic non-profit organization.
Organization Background: Rising Tide Capital – a 501(c)3 nonprofit based in Jersey City, NJ and located on Martin Luther King Drive – is committed to the economic empowerment of individuals and communities through entrepreneurship. Our mission is to assist aspiring entrepreneurs to build strong businesses that transform lives, strengthen families, and create sustainable communities. Through business education, consulting, technical assistance, and partnerships with local micro-lenders, Rising Tide Capital harnesses the entrepreneurial energy that exists in distressed urban communities and uses it to create jobs and economic opportunity for traditionally underserved populations.
Position Overview: The part time (0.5 FTE) Data Analyst and Management Information System (MIS) Manager reports to the Chief Operations Officer and is responsible for managing the organization’s outcome measurement and reporting infrastructure. The position involves working closely with staff to coordinate and manage the collection, analysis, and reporting of information used for outcome measurement, management dashboards, and grants reporting. The Data Manager is responsible for:
(1) Maintaining the structure and content of the MIS (currently, RTC uses VistaShare Outcome Tracker database);
(2) Managing the ongoing process of collection, data entry, and analysis;
(3) Producing monthly, quarterly, and annual dashboard reports for Staff and Board;
(4) Producing quarterly and semi-annual grant reports;
(5) Overseeing quarterly and annual outcome measurement surveys; and
(6) Providing information and analysis for the purposes of program development, policy advocacy, and strategic leadership.
The position requires a highly organized, detail-oriented person comfortable with producing practical numbers, technology, and quantitative analysis relevant to a wide-range of users and audiences.
1. Produce the following regular reports:
o Monthly and Quarterly Management Dashboard
o Quarterly and Annual Board Reports
o Quarterly and Semi-Annual Grant reports
2. Conduct and oversee Quarterly and Annual Outcome Measurement Surveys
3. Ensure the integrity of database structure and content
4. Ensure correlation between paper and web-based data collection forms to database and reporting architecture
5. Maintain and improve program performance monitoring processes, technology, and reporting systems.
6. Maintain and improve program outcome monitoring processes and reporting—including, but not limited to, managing systematic surveys, interviewing, and follow up with participants.
7. Manage secure, high-integrity data collection, entry, storage, analysis and reporting.
8. Produce timely, transparent, reliable, accurate reports as needed to maintain grant compliance and industry best practices and leadership.
9. Train and assist staff in high-integrity use of the MIS and database systems.
10. Maintain mission-driven cultural and social competence and relevance of the MIS products and systems.
11. Maintain Monitoring and Evaluation policies and procedures section of the Operations Manual for staff use
12. Manage and update system descriptions as needed: Monitoring and Evaluation Plan, Reporting Requirements and Definitions, etc..
13. Manage third-party research and evaluation projects as needed.
14. Maintain, contribute to and disseminate knowledge exchange of industry-wide best practices, benchmarks, and trends.
15. Assist with MIS and database improvements and expansion projects as needed.
16. Other duties as assigned
• Bachelors degree required (and/or 4 years of relevant job experience acceptable)
• Strong computer and analytical skills required (Excel power user, Access or other relational databases, Outlook, Word)
• Highly organized, detail-oriented project management experience required
• Passion for community development and for improving lives in underserved communities.
• Pragmatic and customer-oriented project or program manager experience desired
• Masters degree and/or course work in statistical analysis and/or Management Information Systems strongly desired
• Previous experience in program evaluation, non-profit management, business and community development desired
• Previous experience with applied/participatory research and evaluation desired
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to Jobs@RisingTideCapital.org. Position open until filled.