There are some exciting updates and changes for the Spring semester in SPS that should interest you as you prepare to register for the Spring.
- We are bringing back the ALT WEEKLY format. In this format, selected term classes are being piloted for implementation over the entire semester. These classes will meet every other week (1st and 3rd or 2nd and 4th) on the assigned day for sixteen weeks. They will still have eight class meetings, however, with online content in your ‘off’ weeks, you will have more time to absorb the topic.
ALT WEEKLY Classes for Spring 2011 are:
- SOCY 499 Senior Seminar (2nd and 4th Fridays of every month from 6:30-10pm)
- CRJ 351 Probation & Parole (1st and 3rd Fridays of every month from 6:30-10pm)
- SOCY 421 Sociological Theory (1st & 3rd Saturdays of every month from 8:30am to 12:00pm)
- We now officially have over 70 students majoring in Criminal Justice (yay!), so the HUMR/SOCY 499 Senior Seminar class will be split in two. Human Relations students will continue to register for HUMR 499 Senior Seminar. Criminal Justice students should register for SOCY 499 only. The content of each class will be adjusted to focus on the two different majors.
- New Offerings for SPS This Spring:
- HIS 390 Christianity, Islam & Judaism in the Middle Ages (Term 2, Saturdays from 1-4:30pm)
- PSYC 317 Aggression & Violence (Term 1, Wednesdays from 6:30-10pm)
- RST 245 Religion & Money (Term 2, Tuesdays from 6:30-10pm)
- To help you with your research skills (and to combat plagiarism), the APA Style Manual 6th Edition is being added to many writing and research classes as a required text. This is the guide to writing in the APA style, so it will be a useful tool to assist your academic writing.
- Due to popular demand, Anatomy & Physiology I will be offered during the week in the Spring (Tuesday lecture/Thursday lab).
- Biology 101 (Monday & Wednesday) and ENVS 101 (Thursday & Friday) will now be offered in a two-day format with required labs on a separate day to help promote lab skills.
- December Graduation is set for the 16th at 5pm. If you are planning to attend that commencement, stay tuned for a letter at your official home address. In fact, you may want to double check and make sure that your official address is correct in Enrollment Services.
Register now for Spring 2011! Classes are filling fast.