Safety Tips for your Workplace
Crime reduction on campus requires the continued and active support of the entire University community. Here are some crime prevention tips for the workplace that will help achieve this goal:
- Lock your office whenever you leave, even if you are only gone a minute.
- Keep your purse, wallet, and other valuables in a secure location such as a locked desk or filing cabinet. It only takes a few seconds for a theft to take place.
- Do not bring an excessive amount of cash to work.
- Do not leave cash or credit cards unattended in the office, especially overnight or over a weekend, unless it is secured in a safe or vault. Desks and filing cabinets are not safe enough for large amounts of cash or purchasing cards.
- Protect your property through Operation Identification.
- If you are entrusted with a key to a specific area, never loan it to anyone and keep it secured.
- Be alert to strangers in your office building. Report any suspicious person loitering in your area to Trinity DPS immediately.
- Report the loss or theft of keys, equipment, or valuables immediately to Trinity DPS. All crimes, no matter how minor they seem, should be reported.