Trinity strives to maintain a healthy workplace and campus environment for all staff, students, faculty and visitors. For that reason, Trinity discourages smoking generally, and no smoking is permitted in any building at any time. Trinity expects all employees to adhere to this policy:
- No smoking is permitted in any building at any time. Those who violate this policy may be subject to disciplinary action.
- Smoking is BANNED from the vicinity of Main, Chapel, Alumnae, Science, the Library and the Trinity Center. People in those buildings who feel a need to smoke will have to do so on the sidewalk on Michigan Avenue. You may no longer smoke on campus.
- Smokers who reside in Cuvilly and Kerby may utilize the parking lots of those buildings for smoking. Trinity will be re-evaluating those locations periodically.
- No smoking is permitted on the steps of any building, or near any windows where the smoke may enter a building.
- Individuals who choose to smoke in designated areas must extinguish their cigarettes completely and dispose of them responsibly. Leaving butts all over the sidewalk is unacceptable and may result in further restrictions on outside smoking areas.
- Violations of this policy will incur serious disciplinary penalties. The lives and health of everyone on campus are at risk, along with the potential for grave damage to our buildings.