Policy: Prohibited Transactions
Date Issued: August 7, 2002
Date of Last Revision: May 8, 2006
College funds are to be used only to meet the educational, research and public service missions of the College.
This policy applies to faculty, staff, and student organizations in the expenditure of College funds.
III. Procedures and Regulations
A. Prohibited Transactions
- Expenditures for personal gain of College employees.
- Reimbursement of credit card delinquency assessments or interest or overdraft charges unless caused by College error.
- Payments of political contributions.
- Expenditures for campus parking registration for privately owned vehicles unless the use is required by the terms of the operator’s employment contract.
- Purchase, rental, repairs, cleaning or laundering of clothing, including formal wear and academic attire, for personal use. Exceptions are made in the case of employees who are required by the College to wear uniforms or where such clothing is covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
- Expenditures for subscriptions for journals, magazines, newsletters or newspaper for delivery to employees’ homes.
- Expenditures for computers, other equipment or other items for personal use.
- Payments or reimbursements for personal violations, fines, or stolen articles.
- Payments or reimbursements for annual fees for personal credit cards (does not refer to College issued procurement or travel cards).
- Purchase of gifts, flowers or Christmas cards to employees unless approved by a Vice President.
- Payments for personal memberships in professional organizations unless authorized in writing by a Vice President who by approving certifies that the membership is required for the individual’s job-related responsibilities.
- Payments for personal membership in social, dining, airline and hotel clubs except as expressly approved by the President.
- Payments or reimbursements of children or pet care costs.
- Any purchases of a personal nature.