Welcome to the Payden Academic Center!
Spring 2017: We are excited to be teaching and learning in the Payden Academic Center, after an amazing first semester of classes in the fall. This beautiful new building continues to buzz with activity – classes, labs, study sessions and special events! Dedicated at a joyous celebration in June 2016, the Payden Academic Center features state-of-the-art science and nursing labs, light-filled classrooms for all disciplines and great study spaces. Trinity officially welcomed students into this beautiful new building for orientation sessions and classes in August 2016. The Payden Academic Center was created to ensure Trinity’s academic excellence, climate for collaboration, research and innovation, and ability to grow and keep pace with scientific and technological advances for generations to come. The Payden Academic Center is Trinity’s first LEED certified building (LEED certified means it’s a green and sustainable structure) and it is fully accessible.
Trinity is grateful to the Payden Family, and particularly to Joan A. Payden, Class of 1953, whose generosity led the campaign to create the new academic center. Learn more about the Payden family and read The Washington Post’s feature coverage of Trinity’s new academic center.
Be among the very first students to study in the Payden Academic Center!
- Prospective Students: There’s still time to be part of the fall 2017 semester at Trinity! Apply online – it’s free!
- New and Returning Students: Be sure to register for your fall semester classes and make your payment arrangements.
The Payden Academic Center is on four levels, with labs on one side and classrooms on the other side, fostering collaboration across the academic disciplines, at both the undergraduate and graduate level. This new building features:
- 8 science laboratories including anatomy and physiology, general biology, physics, introductory and advanced chemistry, cellular/molecular and microbiology
- 2 nursing skills laboratories; 2 nursing simulation labs; 1 health assessment lab
- 23 classrooms of varying sizes, including two large tiered classrooms and seminar rooms
- A clinical nursing and counseling suite with 6 exam and interview rooms
- Faculty offices, conference rooms and study spaces
- Pervasive technology – in every lab, every classroom and throughout the building
- Trinity’s Technology Services suite
Be inspired by the Payden Academic Center!
The Payden Academic Center is more than just a building – it is a dynamic place of learning, academic exploration and faculty-student collaboration. Watch this video of the entire construction process, from Groundbreaking to Dedication (along with a little Trinity history) in just 90 seconds – and be inspired by the words and voice of Maya Angelou!