Frequently Asked Questions – Faculty
NOTE: We have recently upgraded to Moodle version 2.6. We are in the process of updating these resources to reflect all of the changes in use. This is an ongoing process. Consequently, there may be slight differences in some of the resources (for instance, the block previously known as the ‘Settings’ block is now called the ‘Administration’ block) or there may be larger changes (like the drag-and-drop ability for file management). Please always contact the Moodle Help Desk if you have an immediate issue.
Topics (Faculty & Students)
- How do I access my course files in Moodle 2.2?
- How do I add a resource to my Moodle page? [version 2.6]
- How do I add a user to a resource course? [version 2.6]
- How do I add random questions to a quiz?
- How do I adjust my pop-up blocker settings?
- How do I allow a single student a different amount of time to take a quiz? (version 2.6)
- How do I change the grade or feedback for a manually entered grade?
- How do I copy text from a label in one course to a label in another course?
- How do I create an online discussion forum?
- How do I drag-and-drop a file resource on to my Moodle page? [version 2.6]
- How do I find my course in Moodle as a Faculty member?
- How do I give my students a grade that has partial points like 4.5 out of 5?
- How do I import items between courses? [version 2.6]
- How do I make my course available to students? [version 2.6]
- How do I move selected content between courses?
- How do I provide access to my course for other instructors?
- How do I send an email in Moodle?
- How do I submit Enrollment Verification? [version 2.6]
- How do I submit Mid-Term or Final Grades? [version 2.6]
- How do I take a screenshot?
- How do I track class attendance? [version 2.6]
- How do I upload my syllabus to Moodle? [version 2.6]
- How do I view my course evaluations?
- How do I view the percentage of students that have completed a course evaluation while the submission window is still open?
- I can’t find my ________ block! Where did it go?
- I’ve received an “Invalid JSON string” error. What do I do?
- What do the ‘Review options’ on the ‘Quiz Settings’ page mean?
- Why won’t my file picker or file browser load?