Moodle 101 – Brush-Up: Moodle Mysteries
Monday, September 30, 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
This workshop will provide a brush-up on the Moodle learning management system.
Participants will be re-introduced to the layout and navigation of Moodle and learn about the instructional tools which can be employed within courses. Questions about specific 101-related tasks will be answered.
If you have one, please bring a digital copy of your syllabus either on an external device (e.g., USB drive, CD-ROM, etc.) or attached to an email.
After successful completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand Common Moodle Terminology and Moodle’s Visual Interface/Icons
- Upload a Syllabus and other Resources for Multiple Courses
- Submit Mid-Term and Final Grades
If the skill set of the attendees is advanced, this workshop will also provide the next steps to a fuller understanding of the capabilities of Moodle. Participants will be introduced to the Daily Attendance activity which allows instructors to track class attendance, as well as the various online discussion forum and assignment types.
This may include covering how to:
- Set-up and track class attendance for students as Present, Late, Excused, or Absent in the Daily Attendance activity
- Understand the differences between various Forum types and choose the specific Forum activity necessary
- Create Assignments activities to which students can:
- Type their responses directly into the browser
- Upload a single file
- Submit multiple files for grading