Moodle allows for individual user overrides and group overrides for quizzes. In the case of a student with a disability (verified by Disability Support Services), this student would require an individual user override to extend the time allowed to take the quiz.
To an add a user override to your existing quiz:
- Log on to Moodle and click on your course.
- Click on your exam on the course homepage.
- From the exam page, locate your “Administration” block (now displaying settings related to your quiz). Usually, it is in the left column under the “Navigation” block.
- Click on the “User overrides” link.
- On the next screen, click on the “Add user override” button.
- Then on the “Edit override” page, click on the student’s name in the list. Adjust the time and dates accordingly. Then save your override.