The administrator for a resource course should have the role of ‘Developer.’ This allows you to enroll users with ‘Teacher’-level permissions. If you have a role of ‘Teacher’ in the resource course, you can still add users, but you can only enroll them with student, guest teacher or participant, observer, or non-editing teacher permissions.
Note: you can click on any image to view a larger version of the image.
To enroll users in a resource course, follow these steps below:
- Login to Moodle and enter the course to which you wish to allow access.
- On the main page for your course, locate the “Administration” block. It’s usually in the left column, under your “Navigation” block, unless it has been docked.
- In the “Administration” block, expand the “Users” option and click on the “Enrolled users” link.
- From the “Enrolled users” screen, click on the “Enroll users” (or “Enrol users”) button in the upper right.
- In the window that pops up, in the “Search” box, type the name of the individual you wish to allow to access your course, and click the “Search” button.
- Choose the role you wish to assign them from the drop-down menu at the top.
- Locate the user you wished to enroll. ON the right side of the screen, just over from their name, there is an “Enroll” (or “Enrol”) button.
- Click the “Enroll” button next to their name. At this point, the button will disappear and their name will be indented. This is how you know that you have successfully enrolled someone.
- When you are done adding users to your course, click the “Finish enrolling users” button.