Related: Course Set-up, How To - Faculty, Overview, Troubleshooting

How do I find my course in Moodle as a Faculty member?

There are various ways to locate your course in Moodle.

“My courses” block

Once you have logged into Moodle, all* the courses to which you have access will be listed in your “My Courses” block.
*If you are an administrator with greater access than simply to the courses you are teaching, this will not be the case.

All courses are loaded into Moodle as unavailable to students. This means that when new courses appear in your “My Courses” block, they will be gray, and listed in alphabetical order AFTER any active courses (which are also listed alphabetically here):

courses-block-homepage

“My courses” section

You can also look for your course in the main section of the Moodle homepage, underneath the “Search courses” box, in the “My courses” section. After the active courses, you will see your inactive courses listed here in reverse chronological order:

courses-center-homepage

“Find a course” link & “Search courses” box

If you are still not seeing the courses you expected, you can always search for them use the “Search courses” box (see image above) or the “Find a Course” link near the top of the page.

courses-search-homepage
If still cannot locate your course, please check double-check to see if you can see your roster in Self-Service, https://selfservice.trinitydc.edu/. If you can, please submit a Moodle Help Ticket. If you cannot, please contact your Dean or Academic Affairs.

Note: Once you have located your course and added resources, don’t forget to make it available to students. Can’t remember how? Follow these instructions on making your course available to students.

This entry was posted in Course Set-up, How To - Faculty, Overview, Troubleshooting. Bookmark the permalink.

For more information, contact Moodle Support, MoodleSupport@trinitydc.edu.