How do I send my students/faculty member/classmates/instructor an email in Moodle?
Quickmail is Moodle’s version of email. To send an email to all of your students or classmates/faculty members, you would use Quickmail.
- Login to Moodle and, in the “My Courses” block at the top of the right column, click on the course in which you wish to send a Quickmail.
- In your course, you will find the “Quickmail” block in the right column. Click on the “Compose New Email” link.
- NOTE: If you do not see your “Quickmail” block, it is possible that you docked it, unintentionally. Check the left side of the screen, by the course title.
- When you hover your mouse over the docked “Quickmail” block, the same options will expand out. Click on the “Compose New Email” link.
- On the Quickmail screen, click on the “Add All” button to move all of the members of the class to the recipients list.
- You can also choose select individuals by clicking on their names and then clicking the “Add” button. By holding down the ‘ctrl’ key on PCs or the ‘command’ key on Macs, you can select more than one individual at a time.
- NOTE: If you do not have groups enabled in your courses, after each student, you will see the phrase “(Not in a section).” This simply means they are not in a group.
- Once you have chosen your recipients, scroll down to the bottom of the page and compose your message. You can add an attachment, if you like. Make sure you switch the “Receive a copy” to “Yes” to get a copy of the Quickmail in your Trinity email account.
- When you are ready, click the “Send Email” button.