- Login to Moodle and, in the “My Courses” block at the top of the right column, click on the course to which you wish to add the activity.
- In your course, turn on the course editing functionality by either:
Clicking the “Turn editing on” button in the upper right corner on your course page.
Clicking the “Turn editing on” link in the “Settings” block in the left column of your course.
- Once editing is on, click the “Add an Activity…” drop-down menu in the week/topic to which you wish to add the assignment.
- Choose “Forum” from the drop-down menu.
- On the “Add a new Forum” screen, fill in all the required fields. Also pay attention to:
The file size limit (you can up it to 64MB, Moodle’s limit)
- To grade a Forum, you will need to enable “Ratings”. Change the aggregate type to “Average of Ratings” and the scale to the grade value (for instance, 100).
- When you are done, scroll down to the bottom and click the “Save and return to course” button.