As you know, once you have entered a grade in the gradebook manually, you have to continue to update it manually in the gradebook. The gradebook overwrites/supersedes the assignment interface.
However, you can continue to update both the grade and grade feedback for the manually entered grade by following the steps below:
- Login to Moodle and click on the course for which you wish to update the manually entered grades.
- In your course, scroll down until you see the “Settings” block in the left column.
- Click on the “Grades” link in the “Settings” block under “Course Administration.”
- Once you are on the “Grader Report” screen, click the “Turn editing on” button in the upper right.
- When the grade entry boxes appear, there will also be the familiar ‘gray wrench’ icon to update that area. Click on the ‘gray wrench’ update icon for the grade/feedback you wish to change.
- On the “Edit Grade” screen, update the grade and/or feedback.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click the “Save changes” button. You updates will be saved and you will be brought back to the “Grader Report” page.