All courses are loaded into Moodle as unavailable to students. As long as the instructor has access to the course, the instructor has the ability make the course available to students at any point.
If you would like to make your course visible to students in Moodle now, simply follow these steps:
- Login to Moodle.
- In the left column, locate your “My Courses” block. Click on the grayed-out, unavailable course that you wish to make available to students.
- On the main page for the course, you can quickly double-check to make sure that this course is currently unavailable to students.
- Look in the left column for the “Administration” block. It is usually the block directly underneath the “Navigation” block. You will, most likely, have to scroll down to see it.
- In the “Administration” block, look under the “Course Administration” heading and click on the “Edit settings” link.
- On the “Edit Course Settings” page, look in the first ‘box’ labelled “General.”
- The third item down is the “Visible” setting. Change the option from “Hide” to “Show.”
- Scroll down to the bottom of the “Course Settings” page. Click the “Save and display” button.
- The settings will be updated and you will be returned to the main page for the course. You can quickly double-check if the course is available by making sure that the name of your course is now purple when displayed.