All courses are loaded into Moodle as unavailable to students. As long as the instructor has access to the course, the instructor has the ability make the course available to students at any point.
If you would like to make your course visible to students in Moodle now, simply follow these steps:
- Login to Moodle.
- Click on your grayed-out, ‘hidden’ course in the main or right column under “My Courses”
- On the main page for the course, look in the left column on the page. In the “Administration” block (formerly the “Settings” block), look under the “Course Administration” heading and click on the “Edit settings” option.
- On the “Edit Course Settings” page, look in the first ‘box’ labelled “General.”
- Find the “Visible” setting. Change the option from “Hide” to “Show.”
- Scroll down to the bottom of the “Course Settings” page. Click the “Save changes” button.
- The settings will be updated and you will be returned to the main page for the course. Now your students can see the course!