NOTE: Once you have submitted FINAL grades through this interface, you cannot change the grade online. You must submit a paper grade change form to Enrollment Services. Final grade changes cannot be accepted via email or over the phone.
- Login to Moodle and click on the course for which you wish to submit your Mid-Term or Final grades.
- In your course, scroll down until you see the “Settings” block in the left column.
- Click on the “Grades” link in the “Settings” block:
- Once you are on the “Grader Report” screen, choose the the “Mid-Term/Final Grade Entry” option from the drop-down menu at the top of the page, in the center:
- On the “Mid-Term/Final Grade Entry” screen, you simply assign each student the appropriate letter grade from the drop-down menu in the corresponding column:
- When you are done assigning grades, carefully review your grades, especially if you are submitting the final grades for the course. REMEMBER: you cannot make changes online once they have been submitted. You will have to complete a paper “Request for Change of Grade” form, if you need to update the final grade after you have submitted it through this interface.
HOWEVER, you can submit grades for different students at different times. So you can submit the grades for the graduating seniors, for instance, on one day, and then submit the grades for the rest of your students another day. Just do not make any choice from the drop-down menu for the students for which you do not wish to submit.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the appropriate button: either “Save Mid-Term Grades” or “Save Final Grades.” BE AWARE: THESE BUTTONS SUBMIT THE GRADES!:
- You have now submitted your grades. You will see a confirmation message at the top of the screen:
- NOTE: The Mid-term and Final grades will only be visible to your students in Self-Service, after the daily sync (at midnight). If your students are having issues locating their Midterm or Final grades, please refer them to the student FAQ: How do I view my final (or mid-term) grade for a course?