Here is the process to upload your syllabus to Moodle.
- Login to Moodle and, in the “My Courses” block at the top of the right column, the click on the course to which you wish to add the syllabus.
- Turn on the course editing functionality by either:
Clicking the “Turn editing on” button in the upper right corner on your course page.
Clicking the “Turn editing on” link in the “Administration” block (formerly the “Settings” block) in the left column of your course.
- Once editing is on, click the “+Add an activity or resource” link in the top section of your course.
- This will pop up a window with a list of all the possible activities and resources you can add. The activities are listed first. Scroll down to see the resources.
- From the “Resources” list, select the “File” option.
- Once “File” is selected, you’ll notice that the right-hand column populates a description of the resource (or activity). Click the “Add” button at the bottom, once “File” is selected.
Note: You can also simply double-click the “File” resource option to ‘add’ it.
- Complete the “Name” and, if applicable, Description fields for your file.
- Scroll down to the “Content” area. You can either drag-and-drop your syllabus on the content area or click the “Add” button (circled in the image below) to manually locate your syllabus.
- From the “File Picker” pop-up window, you can either “Upload a New File” or see your previous files by choosing the “Server Files” option.
- Click the “Upload a File” option, and then click the “Browse” or “Choose File” button to add your syllabus.
- In the next screen, click the “Browse” button to navigate to the syllabus on your computer.
- When you find the syllabus, click on it and then click on the “Open” button.
- Rename the syllabus, if you want to, by changing the name in the “Save As” box.
- When you are ready, click the “Upload this File” button.
- This will bring you back to your “Adding a New File” screen, and you will see your syllabus listed in the “Content” area. There will be an icon image matching the file type, if Moodle recognizes the file type.
- Adjust any of the other settings as you wish, or leave them at their defaults. (To adjust them, you will need to expand the various sections.)
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page. Click the “Save and Return to Course” or “Save and Display” button.
- Your syllabus will now display on your Moodle Page.