- Login to Moodle and, in the “My Courses” block at the top of the right column, the click on the course to which you wish to add the syllabus.
- Turn on the course editing functionality by either:
Clicking the “Turn editing on” button in the upper right corner on your course page.
Clicking the “Turn editing on” link in the “Settings” block in the left column of your course.
- Once editing is on, click the “Add a Resource” drop-down menu in the week/topic to which you wish to add the syllabus.
- Choose the “File” option from the “Add a Resource” drop-down menu.
- Complete the Name and, if applicable, Description fields for your file.
- Scroll down to the “Content” area and click the “Add” button.
- From the “File Picker” pop-up window, you can either “Upload a New File” or see your previous files by choosing the “Server Files” option.
- Click the “Upload a File” link to add your new syllabus.
- In the next screen, click the “Browse” button to navigate to the file on your computer.
- When you find the file, click on it and then click on the “Open” button.
- Rename the file, if you want to, by changing the file name in the “Save As” box.
- When you are ready, click the “Upload this File” button.
- This will bring you back to your “Adding a New File” screen.
- Adjust any of the other settings as you wish, or leave them at their defaults.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page. Click the “Save and Return to Course” or “Save and Display” button.
How do I upload my syllabus to Moodle?
For more information, contact Moodle Support, MoodleSupport@trinitydc.edu.