If you wish to import items from an older course to a newer course or duplicate course items between sections, simply follow the steps below.
Please note: for all activities and date restricted items that you import, you will need to update the dates & times to reflect the current course/section.
- Login to Moodle. Click on the class into which you wish to import the items.
- Once in the your course, in the left column in the ‘Settings’ block under ‘Course administration,’ click the ‘Import’ link:
- On the next screen, click the radio button next to your course that contains the items you wish to import. If you do not see the course that contains the items, you can search for it by course ID and name. Click the ‘Continue’ button:
- On the next screen, keep everything checked. Click the ‘Next’ button.
- On the next screen, unclick the boxes next to the ‘News Forum’ and any other existing assignments that you do not wish to import. Keep the weeks/topics checked when you have an item in that week/topic which you wish to import. Click the ‘Next’ button.
- Verify that the next screen matches which items you chose. Click the ‘Perform Import’ button.
- You should receive a message saying, “Import complete. Click continue to return to the course.” Click the ‘Continue’ button.
- You will be brought back to your course’s homepage. You should now see the items imported in whichever matches the week they were in, in the previous course. For instance, a quiz that was is week 2 of your previous course will appear in week 2 of your current course.