Christ House (Tuesdays)
- Service Time: Every Tuesday students will meet at the Trinity Shuttle at 4:15 pm and return at 7:30 pm.
- Date: Tuesday Evenings, September 8 – November 10, 2015 (09/08/2015 – 11/10/2015)
- Description: Come cook and serve dinner to the residents at Christ House. This ministry has attracted Trinity students who want to truly encounter the sick and homeless in our city. Christ House, a residential medical facility, offers caring, and complete healthcare to homeless men and women. As one volunteer put it, the people that you see on the streets become more real to you, with real stories, when you cook and serve a meal to them.
- Contact: To register please email Dr. Myrick (firstname.lastname@example.org) at Campus Ministry. SIGN UP EARLY TO RESERVE YOUR PLACE!
Capital Area Food Bank (Fridays)
- Service Time: Students meet at the Trinity Shuttle at 12:15 pm and return by 3:30 pm.
- Date: Friday Afternoons, September 4th – November 12th, 2015 (09/04/2015 – 11/12/15)
- Description: Trinity’s students are loyal volunteers at Capital Area Food Bank (CAFB), where they help package and organize food donated to those in need. The CAFB van picks up at the Brookland Metro Station.
- Contact: To register please email Dr. Myrick (email@example.com) at Campus Ministry. SIGN UP EARLY TO RESERVE YOUR PLACE! Sign up two days in advance.
Franciscan Monastery Garden Guild (Saturdays)
- Service Time: Students meet at the Trinity Shuttle at 9:10 am, and will return at
- Date: Every Saturday, until October 3rd! Future event dates are TBA.
- Description: Form your own team of gardeners to help weed, harvest, water, and mow during the final month of harvest!
- Contact: To get involved with the service opportunity, or for more information, please contact Dr. Lynn Myrick.
- Directions: Students meet at the Trinity Shuttle at 9:20am, which goes to the Brookland Metro station. Upon arrival, either transfer to the H6 bus–direction “Fort Lincoln” and disembark at 14th and Quincy Streets, NE, or walk up hill on Newton Street, NE to 14th Street, NE and turn left for 14th and Quincy Streets NE (approximately 15 minute walk). Upon arrival, ask the Monastery’s security guard for directions to the greenhouse in the back behind the Monastery’s Gift Shop.
- Attire: Dress in closed-toe shoes, loose, comfortable clothing, and hat. Bring sunscreen, food, insect repellant. Water is provided. Information cards can be found at the Campus Ministry office or bulletin board.
- Contact: APPLY TO BECOME A STUDENT FACILITATOR! To register please email Dr. Myrick (firstname.lastname@example.org) at Campus Ministry. SIGN UP EARLY TO RESERVE YOUR PLACE!