Trinity’s Gospel Choir – Want to Join For Second Semester?
- Join others from the Trinity community in the third year of Trinity’s own Gospel Choir. All are invited to the first rehearsal for second semester on Wednesday, January 22, 5:00-6:00 p.m., O’Connor Auditorium, First Floor of Main. Registration is taken at that rehearsal. All future rehearsals will be on Wednesdays, 5:00-6:00 p.m. in O’Connor Auditorium. Participation in the Gospel Choir requires attendance at weekly rehearsals in preparation for Spring Concert, Senior Baccalaureate Mass, and Alumnae Reunion Mass.
The Season of Advent
The Season of “Advent” within the Catholic faith community(and many other Christian faiths)
is four weeks of preparation to celebrate the real meaning of Christmas.
Advent encourages: repentance, prayer, and service.
Trinity celebrates Advent in an interfaith way as we highlight a few faith traditions in
“moving toward the light,” away from the shadows in our lives
that interfere with our relationships with people and with God…
Stop by our Advent table outside of O’Connor and see the symbols of Trinity’s Advent,
and Scripture readings that accompany each:
- A Menorah – Jewish faith – “the ideal of universal enlightment”
- Kwanzaa Candles – African culture celebration of family, community, culture
- The Noble Qur’an – Islamic faith
- The Advent Wreath – Catholic faith – a candle for hope, preparation, joy, love
Remember the Chapel in Main is open for all to stop in for some quiet
during these hectic times of holiday preparation and exams!