Subject Guides: Psychology & Counseling
Find Scholarly Articles
- ProQuest Psychology Journals – is a specialized database available to students, faculty, and staff (Library Barcode log-in required for off-campus access). It contains full-text articles and citations from hundreds of pyschology periodicals.
- PsychINFO – Covers over 1,900 leading psychological, psychiatric, and related publications (Library Barcode log-in required for off-campus access).
- JSTOR – Offers full-text access to archival and current issues of over 1,400 scholarly journal titles in more than 50 subject areas, including 23 titles in Psychology (Library Barcode log-in required for off-campus access).
General Internet Psychology & Counseling Resources
- National Institute of Mental Health – rich resource from the National Institute of Mental Health, this site offers extensive resources on various topics such as Depression, Anxiety Disorders, Alzheimer’s Disease, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Schizophrenia, etc. Offers specific information for researchers (news and events, grants, contracts, committees, and research activities) as well as information for the general public (the public information section provides specifics on “mental disorders, diagnosis and treatment,” in addition to links to other NIMH programs such as D/ART, the Depression Awareness Recognition Treatment Program).
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMSHA) – Very helpful resource from the organization which aims to reduce the impact of substance abuse and mental illness on America’s communities. Their website contains current news stories, links to drug abuse and mental health statistics, topics of current research, and public awareness and support groups.
- Internet Public Library: Psychology - Contains links to a large variety of Internet resources pertaining to Psychology that include online glossaries, e-books, and research websites.
- PsychCentral - Run by mental health professionals offering reliable, trusted information and over 160 support groups to consumers.
Back to top
Complete Subject Guide Listing