Smartphone Setup for Staff & Faculty
Looking for the Smartphone Setup for students?
Below are mobile devices that currently have been tested successfully with Trinity’s webmail service. This list will be updated continuously as we evaluate more devices in the future.
If you do not find your device listed below, it may not be supported by our system. Technology Services cannot guarantee compatibility with every smartphone vendor.
*BlackBerry smartphones with OS 10 and above are supported, such as the Z10.
**Certain Google Android phones (MyTouch, etc.) are not compatible with Trinity’s e-mail servers. ITS suggests downloading TouchDown, by NitroDesk, Inc. for compatibility.
Navigate to the Settings app.
Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars…
Tap Add Account…
Tap Microsoft Exchange.
Input your full Trinity e-mail address. ie – DoeJ@trinitydc.edu
Input the domain: trinity-its
Input your username. ie – DoeJ
Input your password.
If you are staff, input the server address webmail.trinitydc.edu.
The following instructions may not be exactly as follows due to the many different models of Android phones available.
Certain Google Android phones (MyTouch, etc.) are not compatible with Trinity’s e-mail servers. ITS suggests downloading TouchDown, by NitroDesk, Inc. for compatibility.
From the main screen, click the Mail app.
When asked to add an account, select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
Select Manual setup.
- Input your full Trinity e-mail address. Example: DoeJ@trinitydc.edu
- Input your password.
Important: Enter the server address: webmail.trinitydc.edu.
- Where prompted to enter Domain\Username, enter: trinity-its\<username> Example: trinity-its\doej
- Ensure encrypted SSL connection is checked.
- If a checkbox for Accept all SSL certificates exists, ensure it is checked.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish setup.
Troubleshooting: If you receive the error Cannot create the account, your phone’s built-in e-mail software is not compatible with Trinity’s servers. In the event that you have received this error, ITS suggests downloading 3rd party app TouchDown, by NitroDesk, Inc.
These instructions below are only valid for BlackBerry smartphones with OS 10 or above.
- On the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Tap Settings and then Accounts.
- Add a Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync account.
- Input your username and password.
- Input the server address webmail.trinitydc.edu.
- Tap Next and then Done.
From the App list, click on Email.
- Click Add an account and select Outlook.
- Input your full Trinity e-mail address. ie – DoeJ@trinitydc.edu
Input your password.
Tap Sign in.
You will receive a prompt in Outlook which asks you to check your information. Do the following, and then tap Sign in.
For this field Do this Email address Verify that your email address appears correctly. Password Tap Show password, and then verify that the password is correct. Username Verify that the user name is correct. For example, if your email address is DoeJ@students.trinitydc.edu, you would type DoeJ as your username. Domain trinity-its
- You may receive a message stating settings cannot be found. Tap Advanced, do the following and then tap Sign in.
- Important: If you are staff, input the server address webmail.trinitydc.edu.
- Tap Show all settings, and then verify that the Server requires encrypted (SSL) connection setting is checked.