Smartphone Setup for Staff & Faculty
Looking for the Smartphone Setup for students?
Below are mobile devices that currently have been tested successfully with Trinity’s webmail service. This list will be updated continuously as we evaluate more devices in the future.
If you do not find your device listed below, it may not be supported by our system. Technology Services cannot guarantee compatibility with every smartphone manufacturer.
*BlackBerry smartphones with OS 10 and above are supported, such as the Z10.
Navigate to the Settings app.
Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
Tap Add Account.
Tap Microsoft Exchange.
Input your full Trinity e-mail address. ie – DoeJ@trinitydc.edu
- Input your password and click Next.
- Input server address: webmail.trinitydc.edu
Input domain: trinity-its
Input your username. ie – DoeJ
Input your password.
- Click Next to finish.
The following instructions may not be exact due to the many different models of Android phones available.
- Open the Mail app and add a new account.
- Input your full Trinity e-mail address. Example: DoeJ@trinitydc.edu
Press Manual setup.
- Specify Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
- Input your password.
Important: Enter the server address: webmail.trinitydc.edu.
Press Next and accept the remote security administration prompt to finish.
These instructions below are only valid for BlackBerry smartphones with OS 10 or above.
- On the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Tap Settings and then Accounts.
- Add a Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync account.
- Input your username and password.
- Input the server address webmail.trinitydc.edu.
- Tap Next and then Done.
From the App list, click on Email.
- Click Add an account and select Outlook.
- Input your full Trinity e-mail address. ie – DoeJ@trinitydc.edu
Input your password.
Tap Sign in.
You will receive a prompt in Outlook which asks you to check your information. Do the following, and then tap Sign in.
For this field Do this Email address Verify that your email address appears correctly. Password Tap Show password, and then verify that the password is correct. Username Verify that the user name is correct. For example, if your email address is DoeJ@students.trinitydc.edu, you would type DoeJ as your username. Domain trinity-its
- You may receive a message stating settings cannot be found. Tap Advanced, do the following and then tap Sign in.
- Important: If you are staff, input the server address webmail.trinitydc.edu.
- Tap Show all settings, and then verify that the Server requires encrypted (SSL) connection setting is checked.