Secure Access is an online portal that allows secure, remote connectivity to Trinity’s network. Using just a web browser, you may access protected resources such as department files, Citrix applications and more.
To access the Secure Access portal, direct your web browser to https://sslvpn.trinitydc.edu after obtaining approval and verifying system requirements.
At this time, only administrative staff and fulltime faculty may utilize Secure Access. Approval must be obtained from the department manager or dean. Final approval is required from Information Technology Services.
The following computing platforms are compatible with Secure Access. This list will be updated continuously as more operating systems and web browsers are evaluated in the future.
Operating Systems & Browsers
- Windows XP w/ SP3: Internet Explorer 7.0+ or FireFox 3.0+; Java JRE 6 required
- Windows Vista w/ SP2: Internet Explorer 7.0+ or Firefox 3.0+; Java JRE 6 required
- Windows 7 w/ SP1: Internet Explorer 8.0+ or Firefox 3.0+; Sun Java JRE 6 required
- Windows 8: Internet Explorer 10*; Sun Java JRE 6 required
- OS X 10.6: Safari 5.0+; Java JRE 6 required
- OS X 10.7: Safari 5.0+; Java JRE 6 required
- OS X 10.8: Safari 5.0+; Java JRE 6 required
*IE 10 is only supported in Desktop Mode on Windows 8 w/ plug-ins enabled.
- Most major antivirus software (Microsoft, AVG, Symantec, etc.) with recent definitions and real-time protection enabled. We do not recommend McAfee AntiVirus due to compatibility issues.
- Most major firewall software (Microsoft, OS X, Norton, etc.).
Connecting to Secure Access
- After obtaining approval and verifying your computer successfully meets Secure Access requirements, navigate your web browser to https://sslvpn.trinitydc.edu.
- Depending on your computer’s operating system, you may receive publisher authenticity warnings. Click Trust to proceed.
- Secure Access will attempt to assess your computer’s security by installing Host Checker. Click Yes to continue, or click Always to proceed and not receive Host Checker prompts in the future.
- Host Checker is a small application which automatically assesses your computer’s security, such as antivirus and firewall protection, prior to connecting to Secure Access. It does not transmit sensitive or private information, and can safely be uninstalled.
- After Host Checker has completed its security assessment, the Secure Access login will appear. Log in with your Trinity network username & password.
- Upon successful login, you will be presented with the Secure Access portal containing links to software applications.
Launching a Citrix Application
- To launch a Citrix application, click on any of the available applications listed in the Terminal Sessions panel.
- Sun Java JRE is required for Terminal Sessions.
- If your web browser has a pop-up blocker, the Citrix application may not launch successfully.
- A browser window titled JICAComponents will open and load necessary Java components. Click Yes to the security warning about website verification.
- The application will appear onscreen in a few moments.
- Host Checker did not get installed properly.
Please review the system requirements.
- You are not allowed to sign in. Please contact your administrator.
You will need to obtain approval prior to logging into Secure Access.
- Citrix applications do not load successfully.
Sun Java JRE is required for Terminal Sessions. Your web browser’s pop-up blocker may also be configured to prevent the application from launching successfully. See your browser’s support page for more information on allowing pop-ups from sslvpn.trinitydc.edu.
- Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.
You may receive this error when attempting to open a web link from within a Citrix application, such as Outlook e-mail. To safeguard the integrity of Trinity’s terminal servers, browsing the internet through a Citrix application is restricted.