Secure Access is an online portal that allows secure, remote connectivity to Trinity’s network. Using just a web browser, you may access protected resources such as department files, Citrix Apps and more. This service is available only to full-time faculty and administrative staff.
To access this portal, direct your web browser to https://sslvpn.trinitydc.edu after obtaining approval, verifying software requirements and reviewing your Java’s security.
- Obtaining Access
- Software Requirements
- Java Security (important)
- Logging In
- Launching Citrix Apps
Approval must be obtained from the department manager or dean. Final approval is required by Information Technology Services’ CTO. Complete the Secure Access Request Form to start the necessary approval process.
The following computing platforms are compatible with Secure Access. This list will be updated continuously as more operating systems and web browsers are evaluated in the future.
- Operating Systems
- Web Browsers
- Internet Explorer or Firefox on Windows, or Safari on OS X
- Java 7 or greater
- Most major antivirus software (Microsoft, AVG, Symantec, etc.) with recent definitions and real-time protection enabled. We do not recommend McAfee AntiVirus due to periodic compatibility issues. Technology Services provides free Symantec Endpoint Protection for full-time faculty and staff.
- Most major firewall software (Microsoft, OS X, Norton, etc.).
Due to recent security changes with Java, review Java Security Settings to avoid errors.
- After obtaining approval, review Java Security Settings to avoid errors.
- Navigate to https://sslvpn.trinitydc.edu. If you receive publisher authenticity warnings, click Trust to proceed.
- Secure Access will attempt to assess your computer’s security by installing Host Checker. Click Yes to continue, or click Always to proceed and not receive prompts in the future. Host Checker assesses your computer’s security, and can be safely uninstalled afterwards.
- If your computer successfully passes Host Checker, the Secure Access login will finally appear. Log in with your Trinity username & password.
- After logging in, you will be presented with links to department drives and Citrix Apps.
- To launch a Citrix App, click on any of the available applications listed in the Terminal Sessions panel.
- Review Java Security Settings to avoid errors.
- If your web browser has pop-ups blocked, the app may not launch successfully.
- Click Continue if you receive security warnings.
- The application will appear after a few moments.
- Host Checker did not get installed properly.
Review the system requirements and review Java Security Settings for important notes.
- You are not allowed to sign in. Please contact your administrator.
You will need to obtain approval prior to logging into Secure Access.
- Citrix applications do not load successfully.