Telephone and Internet Services
These services apply to residential students only. In addition, Technology Services can only work on hardware and software that is owned by the University.
All residential students are assigned a telephone number on the Trinity telephone system. With this telephone number, students:
- Are able to dial other students, faculty, or staff on campus using the last 4 digits of the phone number.
- Have local phone service provided free.
- Need to purchase or bring a regular telephone.
- Need a telephone cord to connect the telephone to the wall jack.
- Long Distance: Students are responsible for selecting and purchasing long-distance service (via toll-free numbers or calling cards).
If you are in Main Hall, Alumnae or Cuvilly residence halls, connect your telephone to the yellow port.
If you are in the Kerby residence hall, connect your telephone to the top two ports.
Your room’s telephone number will be 202-612-5xxx. Dial 8 for outside numbers.
Connecting to the Network
Students with a computer meeting the minimum computing standards have the option of connecting their computer to the University network either wirelessly or wired. We strongly recommend connecting wirelessly.
To connect using a wired connection in residence halls, students must purchase a Cat5 ethernet cable. These cables can be purchased from Trinity’s bookstore or any local electronics store.
If you are in Main Hall, Alumnae or Cuvilly residence halls, connect your computer to the purple port for network and IPTV. Do not connect to the blue port.
If you are in the Kerby residence hall, connect your computer to the bottom two ports for network and IPTV.
All users must agree to abide by the Technology & Telecommunications policy to connect to Trinity’s Network.