Getting Started with Classroom Technology
All of the classrooms are equipped with a computer with internet access and a projector. Many of the classrooms also have SMART Boards and DVD/VHS equipment. Please check with Enrollment Services for classroom technology availability.
The computers are configured to log-in automatically when they are turned on. If the computer is prompting you for a username and password to log-in or unlock the computer, restart the computer.
The equipment in classrooms are to be used for relevant course-work only. If you need to use a computer for other reasons, utilize the public terminals in the Library, ACC lab in Main B19 or the Cyber Lounge across the hall.
Do not attempt to remove the computer or disconnect cables. You risk damaging equipment and electrical shock!
Each instructor station has a keyboard with a USB 2.0 port on the top and two USB 1.1 ports on the back. These can be used to plug-in external media such as flash drives.
- Locate the remote.
- Turn on the projector.
- Set the source input to either Computer or Video.
- Please remember to turn the projector off when you have finished.
- The SMART Board light indicator on the lower right-hand corner of the board should be green; if it is red, restart the computer.
- More information on the SMART Boards can be found on the SMART Boards Training page.
If you are not hearing any sound, or the sound is too quiet…
- The sound can be adjusted with the projector remote or by using the keyboard. Consult the keyboard diagram above to see which keys can be used to adjust the computer volume and toggle the mute function on or off.
If you cannot see an image on the screen…
- Make sure the projector is set to the correct input by pressing the input or source button on the projector remote. The projector should be on Computer for computer operation and Video for DVD/VHS operation.