Title: Associate Director of Enrollment Services –
Organization: Office of Enrollment Services
Reports to: Assistant Vice President of Enrollment Services
Supervises: Assistant Directors, student workers
Part II: Position Information
This position will oversee the day to day customer service operations and serve as team leader in the Enrollment Services Office. The Associate Director will lead a team that provides information and assistance to students regarding enrollment related functions. With an overall knowledge and understanding of enrollment procedures and information, the Associate Director will guide both prospective and current students through various processes associated with student records, registration, and financial aid. Work is performed under general supervision of the Assistant Vice President of Enrollment Services and performance is based on the completion of assignments and results obtained.
Education Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
Level & Type of Experience
- Customer Service experience in an office environment required
- Experience in a university environment in financial aid, registrar’s office, academic advising or admissions strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of personal computer and mainframe applications
- Ability to provide quality customer service
- Ability to develop and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers and students
- Ability to give presentations to groups regarding the college enrollment process
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, employees, and administration
- Ability to prepare financial and other statistical reports
- Ability to use a computer, standard office software, and automated office equipment
- Knowledge of federal financial aid programs and familiarity with a university environment preferred
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- A commitment to a student center customer service philosophy
- Bilingual candidates preferred (Spanish and English)
Special Licenses, Registration or Certification: N/A
- 40 hours per week minimum
- Includes regular Saturday and evening hours during Trinity’s business hours: 9am -7pm weekdays and 8am to 2pm on Saturdays
Part III: Description of Duties and Tasks:
Essential Responsibilities (Functions and Tasks)
- Creates a service oriented environment committed to supporting undergraduate and graduate students educational goals by providing high quality counseling and support, and provide a holistic approach to financial aid advising, with counseling customized for each individual student (e.g. advice on financial planning, registration process, student loan default prevention and other financial management strategies.
- Provides assistance to students, parents, faculty and staff regarding enrollment services information and transactions
- Provides information about registration holds and how to resolve them
- Check and advises students on financial aid status, FWS authorizations, loan entrance counseling, payment arrangements and payment plans, account balance, discounts, and financial holds, schedule adjustments, withdrawals, leave of absence requests, permit to take courses off campus, transcript request
- Provides information about payment deadlines and procedures, refunds, book vouchers
- Answer general questions about the university, admission, registration, financial aid etc.
- Tutors students in using on-line self-service features related to enrollment
- Provides general information about graduation and commencement
- Provides information about ordering official transcripts, graduation applications, diploma request, enrollment verification request
- Changes student directory information (name change requests)
- Change of major/program/college
- Assists students in completing loan counseling
- Assists with registration, add/drop, schedule changes, etc
- Directs students to other offices for tasks outside Enrollment Services, such as academic advising, parking services etc…
- Assists with the preparation and execution of student orientation
- Responsible for responding to voice mails, emails, and filing all office documents
- Participate in professional training workshops as required
- Work closely with other administrative offices to assist in the recruitment and retention of students
- Assists with Open Houses, New Student Orientation, and other special campus events as needed. Performs other duties as requested.
NONESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES (Functions & Tasks)
- Other duties as required or requested by the Vice President, Assistant Vice President or Associate Director of Enrollment Services
CAMPUS COMMUNITY EVENTS PARTICPATION
- It is expected that all staff will want to participate and contribute to the success of official events, including but not limited to Commencement and Convocation
- The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential tasks of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Employee is required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to ten pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Position requires clear speaking voice for telephone work
- The work environment characteristics are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions
- Employee must be able to work efficiently with many interruptions involving walk-in and telephone inquiries and requests
- The noise level in work environment is usually quiet. Some interactions with customers may be stressful
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicate “Associate Director of Enrollment Services – Customer Service” in the subject line.
Position will remain open until filled. Please be prepared to present transcripts upon final interview.
Trinity is a comprehensive university in Washington, D.C, enrolling undergraduate and graduate students in full time, part time, and weekend programs. We offer a beautiful campus setting and a competitive benefits package. For more information, visit our web site at www.trinitydc.edu.
Trinity Washington University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.