Trinity in Washington, a comprehensive university in the nation’s capitol, seeks a Part Time Nurse Practitioner for their Health and Wellness Department.
Historically known as Trinity College, Trinity today is a small university with 2,700 students enrolled in four academic units, including more than 1,000 students in the full-time daytime undergraduate women’s college, and three coeducational professional schools offering a range of undergraduate and graduate degrees in evening, weekend and online formats. Nearly 80% of Trinity’s students reside in the Washington, D.C. region, and about 90% are African American and Hispanic
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Health and Wellness Center supports the academic mission of Trinity by providing professional health and wellness services to Trinity Washington University students. The Part Time Nurse Practitioner assists the Director, who is also a Nurse Practitioner, with providing health services to students.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- A master’s degree is required. Washington, D.C. Nurse Practitioner license and DC prescriptive privileges are required. Maintenance of CEU’s is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate understanding of college women student health and wellness needs
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in diverse community respectfully with staff and students
- Able to demonstrate leadership
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
SPECIAL LICENSES, REGISTRATION OR CERTIFICATION:
Nurse Practitioner licensed in Washington DC; Board Certified; BLS certified; Malpractice insurance; DEA license
LEVEL & TYPE OF EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 6 months of clinical practice in ambulatory care setting
- Interest in women’s health issues and mental health
- Experience working with a diverse population of college women
- 20 hours per week ideally scheduled on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday between 9:00 am – 5:00pm (One hour unpaid lunch daily)
PART III: DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND TASKS:
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES (Functions and Tasks):
- Assist the clinical staff in the examination and treatment of routine primary care and women’s health services for enrolled students
- Assist with the arrangement for off-campus referrals for students who need to be evaluated by a physician or specialist
- Work independently from standing orders
- Order appropriate lab studies in accordance with protocols.
- Respond to medical emergencies as needed
- Comply with confidentiality requirements as set by HIPAA, FERPA, federal, state and local regulation
- Assist in audit procedure to ensure quality of record keeping and patient services
- Collaborate with Director of Health and Wellness Center to develop and implement programs for awareness weeks and other targeted topic
- Assist the Director in coordinating the annual health fair and regular activities promoting wellness
SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITIES (Functions & Tasks):
- Other duties as assigned and deemed necessary by the Director Health and Wellness and Vice President for Student Affairs
CAMPUS COMMUNITY EVENTS PARTICIPATION:
It is expected that you will participate and contribute to the success of official events, in addition to Student Activity events. The following events require your attendance and participation:
Orientation, Cap and Gown, Convocation, Freshman Medal, Junior Ring, Sophomore Pin, Founder’s Day, Commencement and Reunion Weekend
- The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential tasks of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing duties for this job, the employee is regularly required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. Employee is required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to ten pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Position requires clear speaking voice for telephone work.
- The work environment characteristics are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions.
- Employee must be able to work efficiently with many interruptions involving walk-in and telephone inquiries and requests.
- The noise level in work environment is usually quiet but with frequent interruptions
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com Please reference “Part Time NP” in the subject line.
Trinity is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.
Position will remain open until filled.