Trinity Washington University seeks a Director of Health and Wellness / Nurse Practitioner to provide clinical services to students and administrative oversight for the Health and Wellness Center. Historically known as Trinity College, Trinity today is a small university with 2,700 students enrolled in four academic units, including more than 1,000 students in the full-time daytime undergraduate women’s college, and three coeducational professional schools offering a range of undergraduate and graduate degrees in evening, weekend and online formats. Nearly 80% of Trinity’s students reside in the Washington, D.C. region, and about 90% are African American and Hispanic.
The Health and Wellness Center supports the academic mission of Trinity by providing professional health and wellness services to Trinity Washington University students. In addition to providing clinical services, the Director manages all administrative aspects of the Health and Wellness Center including staffing, operations, immunization program, student health insurance program, ordering supplies and equipment, and oversight of budget and billing services. The Director also provides health education through collaborative programs that address the needs of students.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Required to have a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 5 years’ experience in college health services; DC licensed APRN/APNP
- Master’s degree preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate understanding of college student health and wellness needs
- Possess crisis intervention and management skills
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in diverse community respectfully with staff and students
- Able to demonstrate leadership
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
SPECIAL LICENSES, REGISTRATION OR CERTIFICATION:
- APRN/APNP (Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner) licensed in Washington DC
- National certification in Adult, Family or Women’s Health
- Should carry personal malpractice insurance
- Should have an NPI number
LEVEL & TYPE OF EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in Primary care and Women’s Health
- Ability to work autonomously in a solo practice setting
- Experience working with a diverse population of college women
- 40 hours per week, including regular office hours to support the business hours of the University as well as some evening and weekend coverage to support events and emergency situations
- Serve on-call professional staff member for medical emergencies and consultations
PART III: DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND TASKS:
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES (Functions and Tasks):
1.Provide routine primary care and women’s health services to all enrolled students
2.Maintain on-site pharmacy and dispense medications in compliance with DC regulations
3.Serve as campus expert and leader regarding quality health care services for students
4.Respond to medical emergencies as needed
5.Review Health and immunization histories and notify students of deficiencies
6.Arrange for off-campus referrals for students who need to be evaluated by a physician or specialist
1.Develop and maintain departmental budget
2.Determine and maintain appropriate clinical equipment and supplies in accordance with established policies
3.Prepare and maintain a variety of narrative and statistical records and reports related to program activities and effectiveness
4.Comply with confidentiality requirements as set by HIPAA, FERPA, federal, state and local regulations
5.Maintain current knowledge of legal requirements and regulations pertaining to the operation of student health services.
6.Maintain the medical records of presently enrolled students and those who have attended Trinity in the last seven years
7.Supervise and train all staff
8.Serve as contact person to the Department of Immunizations of the D.C. government
9.Liaise with student health insurance plan provider.
10.Conduct annual policy review and recommend changes to Vice President for Student Affairs
1.Develop, implement, and assess campus student health services, including clinical care and health promotion programming
2.Collaborate with Students Affairs staff to develop programs for awareness weeks and other targeted topics
3.Coordinate the annual health fair and regular activities promoting wellness
4.Develop health related pamphlets, handouts, presentations and web content for dissemination to students
5.Work in collaboration with the Resident Coordinators and Director of Campus Housing on targeting programming for resident students
6.Develop performance measures to present data on the number and types of programming offered by the Health and Wellness Center
SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITIES (Functions & Tasks):
1.Attend monthly Student Affairs leadership meetings
2.Other duties as assigned and deemed necessary by the Dean of Students and Vice President for Student Affairs
CAMPUS COMMUNITY EVENTS PARTICIPATION:
It is expected that you will participate and contribute to the success of official events, in addition to Student Activity events. The following events require your attendance and participation:
Orientation, Cap and Gown, Convocation, Freshman Medal, Junior Ring, Sophomore Pin, Founder’s Day, and Commencement.
- The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential tasks of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing duties for this job, the employee is regularly required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. Employee is required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to ten pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Position requires clear speaking voice for telephone work.
- The work environment characteristics are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions.
- Employee must be able to work efficiently with many interruptions involving walk-in and telephone inquiries and requests.
- The noise level in work environment is usually quiet but with frequent interruptions
Please send a cover letter and a resume or curriculum vitae to email@example.com Please include the phrase “Director of Health and Wellness” and the candidate’s last name in the subject line.
Review of applications will continue until an appointment is made.
Trinity Washington University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.