Trinity Washington University’s Office of Career Services and Experiential Learning works to provide the necessary tools and resources that meet the individual career and educational goals of our students and graduates. We are committed to empowering our students and graduates for lifelong learning and aim to assist them in building the self-confidence needed for success.
As a Peer Career Educator, students will gain transferable skills in peer leadership and customer service that will help launch careers after college. Students will work closely with a team to support counseling staff, administrative staff, and assist students and employers who visit the office. Teamwork, strong interpersonal skills, and the desire to help others are a must. Students will be trained to provide career-planning resources to your peers in addition to building awareness of our programs and services. Additionally, students will receive professional development that will assist in their own career planning.
- Provide assistance with maintenance of job and internship database (Trinity Connections).
- Handle routine office tasks, including filing and copying.
- Assist with program and workshop delivery, including sign-in preparation and evaluation compilation.
- Provide career planning resources to students.
- Monitor and maintain office’s social media presence, including Facebook and Twitter.
- Assist with administrative duties, as needed.
- Serve as office representative to greet visitors, attend employer information sessions, and promote programs and services by distributing flyers and posters around campus.
- Organize and maintain career resource area.
- Conduct research on career development trends as well as other applicable topics.
This position requires a minimum of 10 hour/wk Monday – Friday between the hours of 10am – 6pm. Students with work-study highly recommended.
Seeking students who possess:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Desire to help peers and demonstrated experience of working with students
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with web based research and social media is preferred
TO APPLY, email your resume and the hours that you will be available to work in addition to your selected major to Hanan Adnan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trinity Washington University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.