The School of Business and Graduate Studies (BGS) is looking for a Student Work Study Office Assistant to work between the hours of 10am and 7pm at 4 days a week (M-F); Max. 10 hrs./wk.
Summary of Duties but not limited to:
- Complete various projects such as outreach mass mailings, monthly reports, desk copies inventory
- Answer telephones and provide exceptional assistance to our students, faculty, and staff
- Assist in maintaining office calendars and book various appointments
- Assist in creating documents such as letters, envelopes, event flyers and Orientation packets
- Prepare Orientation packets, tent cards, door signs and sign in lists. Assist at Orientation by attending the sign in tables and ushering
- Assist at the New Student Orientations, Dean’s List Ceremonies, and Open Houses
- Attend Trinity Institute training for FERPA, Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
- Assist in requesting desk copies from publishers
- Disseminate desk copies to faculty and keep accurate records of the books
- Filing and creating New Student Folders
- Checking and distributing mail
- Conduct research
- Generate reports
You will develop the following skills in this position (ideal for your resume):
- Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Publisher, Excel and Mail Merges (we even send you to training!)
- Intermediate level skill in office and file management
- Intermediate level customer- and student- service skills
- Skill managing inventory, as well as ordering and disseminating textbook desk copies
- Beginner- to Intermediate- research skills
- Complete the FERPA (student record- keeping), harassment, and working with disabled persons training courses
- Unique knowledge of Trinity departments and their functions
Student Worker Requirements:
- Prior office experience
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft, Outlook, Word and Excel
- Organized and detail oriented
- Professional demeanor and customer service skills
- Be able to work 10 hours/week; schedule is flexible
TO APPLY, email your resume and the hours that you will be available to work in addition to your selected major to Hanan Adnan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trinity Washington University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.