Reading Partners is a local nonprofit organization that empowers communities to deliver highly-effective, one-on-one reading instruction to struggling readers.
Tutors will work directly with elementary students at Title I schools, following a structured, research-based curriculum. Be a mentor, a leader, and a friend to a student in need!
Tutoring hours are from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm Monday-Thursday and schedule is flexible with in those hours.
Washington, DC Location:
Wheatley Elementary School – located at 1229 Neal Street Northeast, Washington, DC 20002
- map It’s an easy trip on the D8 bus!
- Working one-on-one with elementary school students reading below grade level
- Follow a structured, research-based curriculum
- Administrative duties as needed
- Willingness to learn about tutoring strategies
- Patience working with students who need help learning
- Ability to commit to a schedule and show up promptly when expected
For more information about Reading Partners, please visit our website at www.readingpartners.org
TO APPLY, email your resume and the hours that you will be available to work in addition to your selected major to Hanan Adnan at email@example.com.
Trinity Washington University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.