Trinity Washington University seeks a Director of Development for Major Annual Fund Gifts and Planned Giving. Reporting to the Vice President for Development the Director of Development will oversee and orchestrate an Annual Fund strategy, and manage the major gifts and planned giving programs.
The successful candidate will develop and implement a dynamic nationwide plan for Annual gifts that supports the University’s priorities and leads to increased participation of alumnae and alumni. The Director of Development will advance and manage a portfolio of major gift prospects as well as planned gift prospects. The Director will provide strong management of and guidance to annual fund staff to assess and monitor performance and support the achievement of strategic goals.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with the Vice President on the Campaign and with the Director of Alumnae Affairs to assure coordination amongst giving programs.
- Developing and proposing strategies for fundraising of major gifts by creating and promoting strong relationships for the University and assuring alignment with programs and initiatives.
- Providing leadership to instill the continuous analysis, monitoring, evaluating and altering of operations and campaigns to ensure best practices and achieve strategic advancement plans.
- Creating and implanting a solicitation schedule, to include mail, email and social media.
- Create and manage a volunteer management system
Minimum requirements include a Bachelor’s degree and at least six years of proven experience in annual fund programs, individual major gift and planned giving programs. Preference will be toward candidates who have worked in a university setting preferably at a women’s college. The ideal candidate will possess knowledge of a comprehensive annual fund campaign as well as a proven track record in conducting personal visits, writing and submitting proposals and major gift fundraising.
The successful candidate will possess exemplary relationship building skills, a strong ability to create and achieve aggressive goals, excellent oral, written and analytical and organization stills and the ability to lead and mentor. This individual will understand the critical work of the Development office and be committed to promoting the value of a liberal arts education.
All interested candidates should submit a letter of application that includes a statement of qualifications for this position, current curriculum vitae with email address, and the names of three professional references to: email@example.com Please reference “Director of Development” in the subject line.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until an appointment is made.
Trinity is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the
achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is
committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all
qualified individuals to apply.