Trinity Washington University, a comprehensive university in Washington, DC, seeks a Clinical Placement Coordinator for its Nursing Program. Reporting to the Associate Dean of Nursing-Chief Nursing Officer within the School of Nursing and Health Professions, the clinical placement coordinator will work with multiple greater Washington employers to coordinate student clinical placements. The position is a full-time 12-month staff position. The successful candidate will be a registered nurse with strong organizational, communication, networking, marketing, and administrative skills.
- Identifies and tours new clinical/practicum agency student placement sites to identify potential student learning experiences in clinical/practicum sites
- Collaborates with agency staff as well as Trinity administration and staff to maintain currency in all contractual agreements
- Interacts with clinical agencies to plan for and schedule student group clinical or individual senior clinical practicum preceptor rotations
- Conducts site visits to clinical sites at least on an annual basis
- Attends clinical education and other required meetings at clinical affiliation agencies
- Schedules and notifies students and clinical faculty regarding the clinical orientations for each student clinical group each semester
- Prepares orientation documents for all students entering the clinical year
- Participates in student orientation sessions
- Maintains clinical clearance records on students and clinical faculty and submits them to clinical agencies, including CPR verification, health clearances, background checks, resumes, fit mask testing, and clinical training modules that may be required
- Coordinates clinical clearance permission letters for students and their advisors
- Distributes to clinical professors and preceptors the student and agency evaluation forms and clinical teaching forms needed
- Collects from students, clinical professors, and preceptors the relevant clinical education evaluation forms and clinical teaching forms needed to support nursing program assessment
- Evaluates and files the clinical logs of students who have individual preceptors
- Maintains all files related to clinical assignments
- Collaborates with site coordinator and clinical professors to evaluate clinical sites
- Coordinates make-up clinical rotations for students in concert with faculty
- Identifies potential adjunct professors for the nursing programs
- Maintains a list of the approved adjunct clinical faculty and preceptors by clinical specialty
- Schedules orientation sessions and meetings with and serves as a resource and support person for clinical adjunct professors
- Provides input into the evaluation process of clinical adjunct instructors/preceptors
- In collaboration with the Associate Dean-Chief Nursing Officer, manages student clinical placement issues as appropriate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- RN license in the District of Columbia
- Minimum of two years of clinical experience as a registered nurse
- Current knowledge of nursing practice at the registered nurse level
- Minimum of one year as a clinical instructor preferred
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application that includes a statement of qualifications for this position, current curriculum vitae with email address, and the names of three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please reference “Clinical Coordinator” in the subject line.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until an appointment is made.
Trinity Washington University offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, and a dynamic work environment. Our benefits package includes TIAA-CREF, life, health, vision, and dental insurance, flexible spending account program, and tuition assistance.
Trinity Washington University is deeply committed to recruiting, selecting, promoting, and retaining women, persons of color, and persons with disabilities. We strong value diversity in the university community and seek to assure equality and employment.
Learn more about Trinity by visiting us at www.trinitydc.edu
Trinity is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the
achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is
committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all
qualified individuals to apply.