The Director of Trinity at THEARC manages and grows the existing associate degree program and provides academic advising to the students at THEARC, an off- campus location of Trinity Washington University.
The Director of Trinity at THEARC reports directly to the Dean of the School of Professional Studies and works closely with the Provost’s Office to oversee the management of the associate degree program at THEARC. Additionally, the Director works closely with Admissions in identifying new students for Associate Degree programs and with the staff of the School of Professional Studies, and other offices on the main campus, to provide student support and academic advising to the students. It is important to note that this position involves substantial travel between the main campus and THEARC, and currently has its principal office on the main campus.
The principal duties of this position are:
Working closely with executive administration, support any expansion of the Associate Degree program and create academic community outreach programs for THEARC.
- Manage course development for the AA program
- Administer associate degree course scheduling
- Provide academic advising services to students
- With the Dean and Associate Dean, participate in staffing courses
- Develop, implement and maintain a system of curricular evaluation and academic assessment for the Associate Degree program
- Produce reports on the retention, graduation, and persistence rates of students at THEARC
- Maintain equipment at THEARC and manage the Trinity classroom space on site
- Recommend and implement policies and procedures pertaining to academic and student services relative to the Associate Degree programs
- Oversees academic support linkages for the Associate Degree students
Qualified applicants must possess a Master’s degree and five years of progressively responsible professional-level background in a relevant setting with experience in associate degree, continuing education or professional studies programs at the collegiate level. Teaching and advising experience is preferable. High energy, planning and implementation, organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written skills, as well as an exceptional ability to promote and engage in teamwork, are essential.
All interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com Please be sure to reference “Director of Trinity at THEARC” in the subject line.
Trinity is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the
achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is
committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all
qualified individuals to apply.