School of Nursing and Health Professions Occupational Therapy Assistant Program Director
Trinity Washington University offers a terrific opportunity for an OT or OTA to lead its accredited Occupational Therapy Assistant Program. The OTA Program Director is vested with the administrative authority to accomplish the mission, goals, and expected outcomes of the program including maintaining Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) accreditation. The OTA program director reports to the Dean of the School of Nursing and Health Professions.
Program Director Duties and Responsibilities
The director is the program’s chief academic officer and reports to and advises the dean regarding the program. The director will:
- Manage and administer the program in ways that support program and university goals within the guidelines of university governance and policies
- Maintain excellence in faculty teaching and support a student-centered culture
- Effectively organize, teach, and revise course work in accordance with OTA program and university outcomes and standards; including various delivery formats, methods, work schedules, and locations
- Recruit, develop, support, and review faculty and staff on an ongoing basis
- Engage in strategic planning in concert with the dean
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with students, colleagues, staff, administrators, and the general public.
- Plan and manage the program budget and other resources in concert with the dean
- Manage student enrollment with emphasis on academic excellence and diversity
- Assist with recruitment and academic advising of students
- Ensure the OTA program maintains ACOTE accreditation
- Develop and maintain community partnerships
- Complete timely communication between the OTA program, University administration, and the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education
Program Director Qualifications
The Occupational Therapy Assistant Program director is expected to meet Trinity’s minimum qualifications for teaching at the University while meeting expectations of the ACOTE.
- Must be a licensed OT or OTA and hold licensure in the District of Columbia
- Must hold at least a Master’s Degree awarded by a regionally or nationally accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
- Demonstrate a minimum of 5 years of documented experience in the field of occupational therapy that includes clinical practice, administration, and work with occupational therapy assistants
- Possess at least 1 year of experience in a full-time academic appointment with teaching responsibilities
- Possess the academic and experiential qualifications and background to meet the mission of the program
- Demonstrate documented expertise in one’s area of teaching responsibility
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, a current curriculum vitae, and names and contact information for 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org please reference “Assistant Program Director of Occupational Therapy in the subject line.
Trinity is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.
Position will remain open until filled.