Through education, motivation, and leadership, the personal trainer assists member-clients in establishing and reaching their fitness and wellness goals. The personal trainer contributes to the overall success of the Trinity Center by embodying the mission, vision, and values of the Trinity Center/ Trinity Washington University.
- Nationally Accredited Personal Training Certification (ie. with ACE , ACSM, NASM, ISSA)
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- CPR/AED and First Aid Certification
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities
- Strong knowledge of exercise physiology, kinesiology and anatomy
- Full understanding of all exercise equipment and proper operations
- Knowledge of injury prevention and rehabilitation
- Good communication skills and the ability to instruct and teach
- Ability to work with diverse populations, including Seniors
- Sport Specific knowledge a plus
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer fitness testing and consultations to members/clients
- Provides guidance in proper exercise techniques
- Assists members/clients in establishing effective fitness /wellness goals
- Develops effective training plans for members/clients to achieve their fitness goals
- Maintains a safe and clean exercise environment in the Trinity Center
- Follows all quality assurance and other policies and procedures of the Trinity Center
- Maintains all required certifications
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; please include the candidate’s last name and the words “Personal Trainer” in the subject line.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Trinity Washington University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.