Trinity Washington University seeks a group exercise instructor for their fitness facility. We are looking for a great candidate who desire to support the needs of his/her customer base is unparralell.
Program: Group Exercise
Starting Rate of Pay: $25-$35 per hour
Status: Part time: various hours
General job duties: Responsible for conducting safe, effective, and enjoyable group exercise classes by providing excellent leadership, up to date quality instruction and high energy motivation.
- Must be 18 years or older and have a fitness/group exercise background
- Knowledge of, and ability to, communicate exercise physiology principles as related to a well-rounded fitness program
- Physically fit to lead classes at the appropriate level
- Maintain current certification through ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NDEITA or equivalent national certifying body
- Maintain current CPR/ AED certification
- Greet participants warmly and enthusiastically, maintain an atmosphere that motivates long term participation and member retention
- Educate participants on proper form, anatomy, contraindications and modification of moves
- Show respect and responsibility for all equipment
- Arrive on time, start and end class on time
- Teach agreed upon classes and responsible for obtaining coverage of classes if unable to attend
- Inform the Director of the Trinity Center two weeks in advance as vacation is needed
- Attend mandatory instructor and staff meetings
- Promote all Trinity Center programs to the participants when applicable
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
CLASSES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
* Core n More -This all-level class increases core body strength and endurance. Abdominal and lower back exercises improve functional movement, balance and coordination.
MWF 12 noon to 12:55pm
* Pure Strength -Build strength, add definition, increase bone density and decrease body fat in this full body workout. Class is designed to build lean muscle, which helps speed up your metabolism and burn additional calories thorughout the day! Class uses hand weights, body bars and body weight resistance for a full muscle toning experience.
MWF 6pm to 6:55pm
* Rock Bottom – This class specifically targets the “problem areas” of the lower body! Firmer, toned thighs; lifted butt; and slender hips are just some of the benefits you’ll get from taking the “Rock Bottom” challenge.
MW 7pm to 7:55pm
* H.I.T.T. -Work through a series of cardio and strength training exercises with limited rest in between intervals. This program keeps your heart rate up to ensuer fast, dramatic fitness results. The format is fast-paced and will challenge your body in a whole new way!
TTH 5pm to 5:55pm and Sat 12:15pm to 1:10pm
* Muscle B
* Cardio Dance
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Please reference “Group Exercise Instructor” in the subject line.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Trinity Washington University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.